Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Adaptation - 2005 C230K Sport Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:24 PM
Default Transmission Adaptation - 2005 C230K Sport Sedan

Does anyone know of a way to disable the Transmission adaptation feature on the 2005 C-230 with automatic? I've had to have my car in twice already to have the transmission adaptation reset back to 0 (zero) which is the factory default. The dealer believes I drive my car too soft and the car is just adapting to my style of driving, however I don't think I drive anyway out of the normal. The transmission just seems to get less and less responsive after a few monts(approximately 6 months) of driving, and just feels like it is upshifting too early. The dealer has re-confirmed there is nothing wrong with the transmission as they don't see any error codes. Once the adaptaion is reset back to 0 the car is just so much more responsive. I am getting frustrated as the car is so less responsive after a few months of driving, and once you need the extra power the transmission fails to downshift in a timely manner. The dealer's advise has been to drive the car harder, but that really takes a bite out of the fuel consumption. At this time the dealer is willing to reset the transmission adaptation back to factory default (0) each time I have the car in, but I am sure sooner or later this will become an expense ($58 each time) that I would have to pay for.

Old 03-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Default RE: Transmission Adaptation - 2005 C230K Sport Sedan

I am experiencing the same. I had the dealer reset the transmission 3 months ago for some other reasons. After only 3 months, I found the car getting very sluggish. I drive the car very softly most of the time and there has been very little freeway driving in this period. I decided to drive it hard last Saturday morning. Now my car is feeling lively again. Looks like what the dealer said about driving the car harder is right. The good thing is you don't need to do so all the time. From time to time, push it hard. All I did was about 10-15 miles of pushing on the freeway and it did the job for me. BTW, I have a 2003 C320. But I think it has the same transmission box as yours. BTW, I also find the car getting more responsive after long freeway drives, e.g., after driving between SF and LA.