Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Transmission????

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Default Transmission????

Hey everyone,

I am a newbie of a 1995 c280. Beautiful car and runs great except it has an idle problem. For instance when you take off it will idle up to like 20 and then eventually it will drop back down. When going in reverse it's not normal. It will go, but sometimes it's like slow/fast/slow/fast. Also if you like leave the car sitting for too long after you have drove it for a while the tempature start moving into the red zone.I hope you all can understand what I'm talking about. Any suggestions????? Please help.[]

Old 04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Default RE: Transmission????

The temp going up into the redzone, meaningit's over heating could be either your water pump, bad O2 sensor, or something's up with your radiator. The reason it only happens when you're sitting still is because when you're driving you're moving air through and it cools off the engine. Keep an eye on your radiator fluid levels, your car could blow the motor if you let it run dry.