Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Tire problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:07 PM
Default RE: Tire problem

ORIGINAL: fly_major_fly

I dont know what Haute's problem is. Lug...if you want to see someone stuck'ed up, there you have it.

MXV4s and Eagle RSAs are generally regarded as flawless tires if not better ones, that's why almost all good cars come with them. Accord, Avalon, Cadillac CTS, and Mustang. Haute accused them of run-of-the-mill tires! I guess, Haute has custom hand-made NiemanMarcus-Branded Continental tires on his car. Rebuttal: MXV4s and Eagles are time-tested and well-proven tires.

We all know that our cars come from tested and proven technology from Formula-1 and NASCAR. Tires are one of those technologies. I did not see Continental tires at Daytona and Indianopolis. Did you?
I think you are the one with a problem, or is it just ignorance... yep it's ignorance, because how the hell would you know?! I'm simply stating a few facts, so get your head out of your ***. Road Hazzard warranties on tires sold on new cars do not exist anymore. I did not say the tire would not be replaced if it indeed did have a manufacture defect. In this case I would maintain that the bubble in the side after 10,000 miles IS NOT A MANUF. DEFECT! I really don't care what you may 'think', but him not getting his tires or atleast one tire replaced by Continental or Mercedes proves my point. If there was a defect, the bubble would have formed far earlier than 10,000 miles.

MXV4's and RSA's are most definately 'run of the mill', 'cheap-mass produced tires'. I own a 2005 CTS along with my C320, and I immediately took the RSA's off, because I know they are a ****ty tire. Go onto www.cadillacforums.com and see how many of them rave about the Eagles....YOU WILL ONLY FIND COMPLAINTS! And I'd say over 80% of them have simply just gotten rid of the RSA tires early in their life because they are so ****ty. Last time I checked, a Mustang, Avalon and Accord weren't that great of cars. They are actually pretty run of the mill themselves. I owned an Acura with MXV4's and I think they sit on par with the RSA. You don't find too many people running out and fitting their cars with MXV4 tires after theirs wear out. Go to a few tire shops (knowledgable ones) and ask them why car companies put RSA's and MXV4's on cars... Because they're cheap, not because they're good. TFTD; So why don't you quit your bitchin' to me and post when you actually know something usefull about a product.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:10 PM

Hey toilet mouth, the bubble was discovered at ten thousand miles. No telling when it formed. Nice that you can dignose things sight unseen from a distance. The fact that Continental will not stand behind their tire makes them low lifes, does not imply anything at all about te cause og the bubble. As for MB, they are only guilty of being stupid in choosing this brand of tire. As far as the dealer, they are only guilty of being stupid in who they let answer the phone. As far as the local tire dealer, they are only guilty of being just plain stupid. What really makes them stupid? Not making me happy is what. For me, there is only one more car in the fleet to upgrade to a AWD model. Whatever it turns out to be will not be delivered to me with Continental tires on it. There are seven in the fleet. None will ever see a continental tire.

I cannot comment on your Goodyear position. I had a similiar bad experience with them many years ago. Have not had another Goodyear product since. That was hundreds of tires ago, hundreds. Michelin must love those guys. Goodrich is a real best buy, made by Michelin BTW.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: C240AWD

Hey toilet mouth, the bubble was discovered at ten thousand miles. No telling when it formed. Nice that you can dignose things sight unseen from a distance. The fact that Continental will not stand behind their tire makes them low lifes, does not imply anything at all about te cause og the bubble. As for MB, they are only guilty of being stupid in choosing this brand of tire. As far as the dealer, they are only guilty of being stupid in who they let answer the phone. As far as the local tire dealer, they are only guilty of being just plain stupid. What really makes them stupid? Not making me happy is what. For me, there is only one more car in the fleet to upgrade to a AWD model. Whatever it turns out to be will not be delivered to me with Continental tires on it. There are seven in the fleet. None will ever see a continental tire.

I cannot comment on your Goodyear position. I had a similiar bad experience with them many years ago. Have not had another Goodyear product since. That was hundreds of tires ago, hundreds. Michelin must love those guys. Goodrich is a real best buy, made by Michelin BTW.
Have you ever wondered that maybe all these very successful businesses aren't the stupid ones? Our tire shops have seen many bubbles over the years, and let me tell you, not once have we, nor the tire manufacture, replaced a tire with a bubble in the side unless there were a mere few hundred miles on the tire. It seems like you may be delusional if you think all these places are so stupid and you're so smart. If you didn't notice the bubble before, it's pretty safe to say it wasn't there before (unless you've never looked at your tires before and in that case you are indeed stupid). So a 10 thousand mile tire that forms a bubble should not be replaced and I've yet to see anyone replace one under the stated circumstances. Almost every car owned by our family is dressed in Continentals for both winter and summer, with the exception of my girlfriends car, which has Dunlops for winter and my fathers car, which is in Pirelli's. I'm sure the biggest thing Mercedes Benz in concerned about is saving a few bucks on tires... On the other hand, Cadillac sure was with the RSA's, we all know the financial situation of GM . As for other cars using MXV4 and RSA, they are typically econo cars, or mid priced family sedans, not luxury car makers.

Regardless, congrats of your decision to use a cheaper tire, I hope it does you well... Just be sure to avoid the potholes and curbs this time!

Old 02-09-2006, 11:36 AM

So how long have you been employed by Continental?

Old 02-09-2006, 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: C240AWD

So how long have you been employed by Continental?
Sorry, never been an employee of any company. I come from a family of employers and politicians, I would have no need to work for a tire company... well other than the reason of being potentially great entertainment... like when foolish people phone and complain about how a tire mysteriously forms a bubble on the side and how the tire should be replaced for free. This would be great entertainment indeed!

Old 02-09-2006, 08:21 PM

family of ..... politicians

That says it all.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Maryland state police use Goodyear RS-A's must not be too run of the mill?

Lug-I remember my dad saying something about it when the whole mess with the Explorer came out but then again no one in my family ever bought Firestones and one we did have that came on a Subaru that we had bought used (this happened in 93) the tread separted on the way to Florida lucky we notice it in a parking lot instead of the highway.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:29 PM

Personal Attack Disclosure: This message contains no tech info, rather this is my ridicule against some charater that I found....well...worthy of poking fun.

You know whom I am talking about. This guy just has no shame. Would be nice if he knows the more he talks the more we know the less a brain he has.

Talk is cheap folks. So, we all know when one pretends he/she is damn rich, in real world it is the opposite. When one acts like an aristocrat, in real life he could be a small-timer selling dope at a street corner.

Perhaps, the dude is an heir to a fortune of...
a set of hub caps,
empty beer cans,
sunk-in couch,
a home that is capable of moving, and
a car that is not capable of moving.

(Lug...would you do the honor of continuing this list? hehe.)

Old 02-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Lug does not have to just read some of u know who's other posts as well because this is not the only time he has come across looking like an ***.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:08 PM

ORIGINAL: fly_major_fly

Personal Attack Disclosure: This message contains no tech info, rather this is my ridicule against some charater that I found....well...worthy of poking fun.

You know whom I am talking about. This guy just has no shame. Would be nice if he knows the more he talks the more we know the less a brain he has.

Talk is cheap folks. So, we all know when one pretends he/she is damn rich, in real world it is the opposite. When one acts like an aristocrat, in real life he could be a small-timer selling dope at a street corner.

Perhaps, the dude is an heir to a fortune of...
a set of hub caps,
empty beer cans,
sunk-in couch,
a home that is capable of moving, and
a car that is not capable of moving.

(Lug...would you do the honor of continuing this list? hehe.)
Babble on all you wish. You're the one being continuously argumentative on a topic in which you really don't have a great depth of knowledge in. My jabs were not meant to be personal, and I think thats quite clear. Yours are. As for my status in life, you have no right to judge, nor make any comment on my financial situation. By suggesting I work for a tire company is somewhat insulting to me. At no point did I brag about how much money I have or what size of home I live in, etc... My entire family is very hard working and have achieved alot. FYI I am 22 years old. And IMO, I've made quite a comfortable life for myself. I work my *** off just to let you know (typically 75+ hours a week). I have my B. Comm degree, own a lumber import company with vast ties in China, have my real estate license with a commercial certificate, trade in my own residentail real estate on the side, and am in training to take over as GM for one of my fathers companies. I own 3 condo's and 2 homes, own 2 new entry luxury cars and a boat. Haute 1 was the lisence plate on my Mothers Jaguar. Everyone I grew up with knows her plate and loved her XKR, so I was the Haute Heir (the heir to her car), it was a dumb joke that stuck. So why don't you STFU and try not to judge a book by its cover. Most everything I have, I did myself, but judge away. By the time I'm 30, I'll be driving a new Bentley and Lambo. I can't imagine how bad you're going to hate on my then!? Call this bragging all you want, but I've earned the bragging rights my friend, peasants like you shouldn't dare step out of place like that, and I expect some more respect in the future. Perhaps no communications between us would be sufficient?

Quick Reply: Tire problem