Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

STINKY AC CURE

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Default RE: STINKY AC CURE

ORIGINAL: SL600_Cruzin

Before you start spraying "ANYTHING" in there, if you have issues, replace the filter(s), then see if you REALLY have a problem.

There's a reason why they're called "Activated Charcoal Filter".

I agree with this approach. Why spend money on all these sprays, without starting at the basics.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:01 AM

Where is this cabin filter, is it the same as Dust filter in the hood.
I sprayed some Mold Killer in the input went after removing the filter above the battery. The filter seems to be clean white color. I smelled it near my nose and it was perfect. Did not smell at all. After I sprayed it was ok for a day and again now it is stinking. The mold killer is some white color liquid when I spray it lands up like some white color liquid and then disappears slowly.

Now where is cabin filter. I checked the outlet vents inside the car, they seem to be clean. Now I also doubt it may be some other filter.

regards

Old 08-23-2005, 02:24 AM

What car do you have ?

Year and model please, and hopefully we can put you in the right direction.

Old 08-23-2005, 02:37 AM

If it's the car you mentioned in an earlier thread --> https://mercedesforum.com/m_21201/mp..._/tm.htm#21255

I posted info on that thread about where they are located on a 2001 C240 -- it's down quite far on the page. I included pictures as well.

If it's C240 Would you please tell us what year you have.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:24 AM

Calm down, you guys. We all keep telling him to remove the filter and check it first. You're not adding anything different to the discussion other than confusion and you're getting your panties in a bunch over $15.

Even before adding the new filter, spraying a mild cleaner into the ducts is a good idea. A "complete" procedure, if you will, to freshen the ducts at the least. It's already been established that Febreze is too weak. Why does anyone feel the need to recommend Lysol because Febreze is too weak? The other cleaners we've discussed are bathroom cleaners, which include Lysol. ? As I said, you're not adding anything by specifying a brand of bathroom cleaner. We'd be here forever naming specific brands trying to trump each other. The most expensive spray we've discussed so far is a dedicated A/C duct spray that costs $15. Would anyone need a 2nd mortgage to pay for this?

You guys are picking nits. If you guys really feel the need to make these posts, then carry on.

Old 08-23-2005, 05:08 PM

Hi All,

OKAY Here it goes.

After Sleepwalker told me to check the Air Filter I checked it. I was not able to find it earlier then I found it above the battery on the hood. I already mentioned in my previous post it was clean. Filter was white in color, I smelled it and it had no bad odour. Then i removed the filter and sprayed a lot of Mold Killer in the duct that sucks air from outside. Mold Killer was not febreze, but it was some other brand. It worked for a while coz ofcourse even if I spray a normal body deodrant it would work for a while. Right !

Then after few hours it was same bad (disgusting swet smell) . The mold killer that I used was some White color liquid and it has like a deodrant bottle (Pressure Bottle) (Not to mention Brand Name . I sprayed a lot on the rotor of the AC which was spinning while it was swicthed on. Liquid settled for a while and then dissappeared. Then I put back the filter.

Now in some posts people are talking check CABIN filter.

I am really confused, Is CABIN filter different from AC FILTER that I checked in the hood of the car. Where is this cabin filter. Name suggests it should be inside the car, not the engine. So I want to check the cabin filter now. But I am first of all not sure if there is a cabin filter different than the one sleepwalker showed below.

https://mercedesforum.com/thumb.aspx...DE31AAE1A4.jpg

regards

Old 08-23-2005, 05:33 PM

Are you even paying attention? I don't mean to be short with you but you've told about six times where the filter is located. What's the problem? Go to the other thread and look for the post by SL600_Cruzin. Look for pictures. He shows where the underhood filter AND the cabin filter are located.

I'm glad we're not doing rocket science here.

Old 08-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dondas

ORIGINAL: SL600_Cruzin

Before you start spraying "ANYTHING" in there, if you have issues, replace the filter(s), then see if you REALLY have a problem.

There's a reason why they're called "Activated Charcoal Filter".

I agree with this approach. Why spend money on all these sprays, without starting at the basics.

okay, this is the next thing to check now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1/5F633CB67F5C4D13AC932660D210BA76.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 AM

Sorry and thanks a lot guys. Sorry for not reading the post cleanly. I skipped some messages. Thanks for u all for lot of info. I found the place where the cabin filter is located.

Behind the glove compartment. But I could not reach there. I had a black plastic sheet first, which had screws. I removed it. Then I see compressot sort of unit, round in shape. Next to it where in the picture from sleepwalker the filters are located. My car has a rigid fix piece of thermocol .Which shifts very little, I tried to slide, pull down but could not. Once I remove or break it then I can reach or see the filters, But I dont know how to remove it. I checked thoroughly it does not have any screws, May be it needs a firm pull. I tried it but u know I feat too that I wont break something.

[>:] [&:] [][:-] [&o]
regards

M Benz C 240, 2002

Old 08-24-2005, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

no screws. just pull it out.

Quick Reply: STINKY AC CURE