Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

STINKY AC CURE

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Default STINKY AC CURE

www.autosport.com has 'Clean Air, Spray into your car's AC and Fresh Air Vents destroys mildew, bacteria, and cigarette odor where they live." Two cans $14.95.......KILLS MILDEW, BACTERIA, KILLS MILDEW AND BACTERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Default RE: STINKY AC CURE

I thought you were sticking with Febreze? I never said there were no sprays available. I said you could use bathroom tub and tile cleaner if you wanted because it kills mold. I did say that Febreze wouldn't do it. But mostly, I was arguing for your dumbassedness.

I can't find anything for sale at that link you provided. Where's the stuff hidden? You're so proud of yourself I want to honor you by at least taking a look.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:57 PM

No, not necessarily, but I did memtion this product and I got a autosport catalog today and quoted from the ad. I Fabreze is less expensive, that's why I use that now.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:11 AM

Guys Guys Guys ... Its my car whose AC stinks why are you guys fighting .... man chill out .... Now tell me which one shall I buy and use. I went to wallmart and did not find any cleaners. There were few sprays to give frangrance. But I dont think they will kill mold. From where do I buy. I dont want to buy it online. I want to buy from some store. Can you name one ?

Com on Cooooooool Man .... [&:]

Old 08-20-2005, 01:28 AM

Don't worry about Lugnut and me fighting, we were in the same cell at Joliet for 8 years, we are the original Blues Brothers. Anyway, Pep boys, AutoZone are yor best bets. I did check Fabreze for Auto again and it does get ride of mold and and mildew. Also, did you change your cabin filter? That could be a big part of your problem.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:57 AM

Frebreze will last only a few days, maybe a week or two. It's too weak.

The AutoSport Clean Air will last up to six months, as long as you get full coverage.

If it's really bad, get it done commercially. But, check the filter first.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:41 AM

I was busy this weekend did not get a chance to get it fixed. Tomrorow I am going to try one local brand Mold killer. Then I will try my best to locate the filter and clean it. If I cant and that mold killer does not work then I am going to loose 100 bucks at mercedes dealer

regards

Njoy Fighting

Old 08-21-2005, 10:41 AM

Take the filter out, then spray the stuff in. You don't want the filter stopping the chemicals.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:55 PM

Why not just spray lysol into the outside fresh air vent while the AC is running full blast?
It might not smell quite as "nice" as fabreeze or whatnot but it should do the trick on killing any mold, mildew, bacteria, etc, etc..

Old 08-23-2005, 01:02 AM

A lot of A/C smelling issues are caused by people not changing their cabin air filters. The response I usually get is, "what cabin air filter?" .

Before you start spraying "ANYTHING" in there, if you have issues, replace the filter(s), then see if you REALLY have a problem.

There's a reason why they're called "Activated Charcoal Filter".

Just my .02 cents worth.

Quick Reply: STINKY AC CURE