Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Stearing is Harded than E class

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 01:18 AM
Default Stearing is Harded than E class

I have C 240, just kinda new to Mercs. Was driving Toyo Celica. Wanna know if the stearing wheel is really hard. I mean my friend has a E Class the stearing wheel is very light but mine is bit harder than E class. Is it sporty feature or some defect with mine. Does any one out here happen to compare C class stearing with E class.

And what is the use of Head Lamp Washers, I have a button in the car but nothing happens when I press it.
Does any one have a soft copy of Mercedes C 240 user manual, I have a hard copy dont wanna open that big things, thought of just easier option of putting it here to know from you all experts out here

regards
RoHitSaGaR

Old 08-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Stearing is Harded than E class

yes, the steering is a bit harder than other models.

turn on the lights before pressing the button for headlamp washer.

Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Default RE: Stearing is Harded than E class

Of all the cars I've owned the 40 plus years I have driven, My Mercedes Benz and a Porsche I once owned, IMHO have the best steering, Yes it is weighed more so then other crs, but it is responsive, especially during lane changes and I get a great feel of the road. I like it better then the BMW steering in the Z3 I had and the Audi I once owned. The only complaint I have and its probably more tire related is the car follows the grooves in the road, but I have Conti Contacts and they do have an fairlyaggressive tread pattern, but are a good handling tire, You got to give a little to get a little. Most cars with headlight washers need to have the lights turned on. A Audi dealer once explained the reason, as headlights are primarily used at night, the thinking is to keep them as clean as possible for night driving. My 99 C280 doesn't have this feature, I had a similiar wiper blade system in a SAAB an it didn't work well. Audi had the best. a high pressure sprayer each headlamp worked great. I think headlight washer should be mandatory and not a option.