Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Some more pictures of The Benzmeister

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Default Some more pictures of The Benzmeister

for the person you requested a view of the rear of my car here it is. Click on the attachment 1 you will get a larger and more detailed shot then if you click on the photo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2546/7C405B731AB1474B991F52435CABC784.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Default RE: Some more pictures of The Benzmeister

That would be me. Looks good, where did you get the spoiler?

Nick

Old 06-27-2005, 10:52 PM

Nick:
ebay, I had a choice of with or without a stoplight, and $35 more with stoplight. As I remember Mercedes991 was the seller, who is the only eBay seller that sells real Mercedes parts and accessories. Never got burnt. They are in FLA

I had a body shop install it as cutting thru the trunk metal is not my DIY type work. The shop charged me around $50 and the spoiler was around $100, as I remember. I checked Mercedes991 auction page today, he as a different spoiler for the C Class up for auction, looks to be wider and a bit higher, and comes with a LED stoplight, didn't pay attention to the price, sorry. Mine was advertized as an AMG type. Thanks you for your kind remarks. I love my car!

Al

Old 07-03-2005, 01:30 PM

Hi C280 Wizard! I have a question about the crome lining around your tail lights and head lights. I saw the listings on ebay and it says they have double-sided adhesive. how does this stand up in rain, cold, humidity, car wash, or even morning dew? Just curious, how long have you had yours on? Looks sweet though!

Old 07-03-2005, 02:47 PM

I've had them for almost a year, and no problems, they haven't lossened and they car is washed regular, sits outdoors all year. I am very happy with them. I had my car detailed professionaly last fall after I mounted them. I recently had it detailed again and the shop foreman remember I had the chrome rings last year. He commented the 3M red tape, that is the red paper type that protects it, is very strong and sticky and if you wanted to take them off you would probably bend the chrome before the tape would give. Also, the wing on the rear is now taped with the 3M. Last year I had the shope drill hole in the trunk and install using the bolts provided, however the driver side bolt kept on working loose, so the shop foreman who did the job original took it off, reglued the tread insert, which was the problem and for extra security used the 3M tape on the bottom of the wing which lies against the body. Now it is tight and he commented this will last forever. So as long as it has the red paper tape, and prepare the mounting surface, Rubbing Alcohol to clean the area to tape and the mounting surface is warm, if not us a hair dryer to wam the metal, you should be OK. A word on mounting, this type is unforgiven, that is once it is mounted its there to stay. So test mount first, I used a pencil to mark reference points. and cut the red protectic tape every couple of inches and once your satisfied it is fitted properly, use some masking tape to hold, I used a pair of tweezer to remove the tape and then pressed it down using a towel and left the masking tape on overnite. I got a catalog in the mail from Eastwood Co, an auto supply house that offers this tape in rolls, It is one of those products that you don't find in your everyday auto parts store or hardware store, at least around here. I going to buy a roll, around $15.00 plus S/H just to have around. Also, I got mine from mercedes991 on eBay and they are reputable and sell products that are geniune. I ordered a daylight running light module from them, came in a Bosch factory sealed package. Now I have to figure out where it goes. They are not mandatory in the US. But what I found out, there are 3 places where it could be mounted. I leaning toward under the dash where the headlight module is and replace with the DRL module, as the BMW I had before the Mercedes also a replacement. My thinking is German cars coming to the US usually (?) have somewhat identical locations for these things. But in Canada the DRL module is in the main computer (former battery box) and in Nothern Europe it is located in the fuse box and is a differenet designed module. Any help out there on this issue?

Old 07-03-2005, 09:37 PM

what is the unusual thing that extends from the rear-end of the roof and covers the top part of the rear window?

Old 07-03-2005, 10:10 PM

fly_major_fly what is the unusual thing that extends from the rear-end of the roof and covers the top part of the rear window?
That would be a rear window spoiler. I personally like the way they look. You can find a link below for a simular one.
Link for window spoiler

Nick

Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 AM

Correct it is a DTM style roof spoiler wish I purchased forma German company, via eBay. I also like the look, Thanks!

Old 07-05-2005, 03:09 AM

Nice Looking Ride there C280 wizard !

That spoiler looks awesome on there !

Old 07-05-2005, 10:38 AM

Thank you so much, I am very happy with my ride and take a lot of pride in her. When people say such nice things, it really makes me feel good.