Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Power Windows - Not automatic

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007 | 04:32 PM
Default Power Windows - Not automatic

I own the Mercedes Benz 2001 C240 and I am having a problem with my passenger window. The window is automatic when going up but not automatic when coming down. All the other windows are automatic for both. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Old 08-07-2007 | 02:51 PM
Default RE: Power Windows - Not automatic

I have the opposite on my back passanger window, goes down auto but up, it doesnt.

Old 08-11-2007 | 11:01 AM

I have exactly same problem as BradTrinh24

Any one please help ... lugnut .. sleepwalker .... !!!

Old 08-12-2007 | 06:48 PM

with mercedes windows they sometimes have to be reprogrammed if they lose power for instant the sun roof or windows dont auto up or down. if you look in your owners manuel there might be something in there to see it the window needs to be reprogrammed. i have disconnected my battery and had to reteach the windows to auto up and down , also the sun roof.. i guess its worth a try DES

Old 08-14-2007 | 08:13 AM

Hold the Switch till the window is rolled down. Hold the switch down for 4 seconds afterwards and it will reset. Do this will all the windows and the sunroof.

Old 06-25-2008 | 02:00 PM

I have the same 2001 C240 sedan (w203).

My front passenger side power window suddenly stopped working one day. It used to work before but did not realize when it stopped working. I cannot open it both from the main control switch on the drivers side door as well as from the passenger door switch.

I have checked all fuses which is in the trunk and engine and found all fuses to be ok - which I was expecting because the other three windows are working. I was just hoping that maybe each power window has a fuse each. I cannot believe that Mercedes do not even label the fuses in their fuse box. What kind of a luxury automotive company will never label their fuse boxes to determine which fuses protects what?

Anyways, I can hear some sort of clicking on the passenger door whenever I engage the power window switch and also noticed that the interior light at the bottom of the door will dim a little bit whenever I hear the click. This means that power is going in it, at least - which should rule out the electrical problem from the battery to the door. But inside the door, I don't know.

I wanted to make sure that the problem is inside the door before I start removing the interior door panel and checking the motor or any other assembly inside.

Have somebody encountered this problem at all? Is it worth it removing the battery terminals first to reset whatever electronic modules are in the car before I start removing door panels? I don't mind reprogramming all windows, radio and sunroof, as long as I can avoid removing the door panel.

Your reply would be much appreciated.