Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

P0010 Code and no start

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Default P0010 Code and no start

My girlfriend started her car today (03 c230 Komp coupe) and she said it was running roughly. I told her to leave it and I will check it out. I get home and start it and its running roughly and I pull 2 CEL codes from it:

p0010- For the camshaft position sensors
p0600- for serial link

I did some research and thought it was most likely the camshaft position sensors leaking oil into the connectors and causing this issue. So I went to the car and pulled off both camshaft plugs and saw no oil. I also pulled off the ECU plugs and saw no oil as well. I cleaned them just in case and put it back together and now it won't start at all. Is there something I am overlooking? I just pulled off 4 connectors and plugged them back in and it won't start. It just cranks and doesn't seem to fire at all.I ran a few tests and it does have fuel and spark. I am thinking it won't fire because it doesn't know wher tdc is am am thinking.What kind of tools are needed to work on this car. Ipuchased a crankshaft position sensor as this seems to be a common problem with these cars. Does anyone have any input on what it could be? I have tried to work on it but it is raining here in ny lately. Thanks for any help at all

Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Default RE: P0010 Code and no start

Did you see this?.........

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0010

Not sure if there's anything here you haven't seen, but I thought you might want to take a look anyway.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 PM

Ok, I just changed the intake cam sensor and it still will not start. What am I missing here? Here is what is new:

Crankshaft position sensor
Camshaft position sensor (intake)
Camshaft postion sensor (exhaust)

Car has fuel and spark as well. Is there any fuses I can look at? What else does the car need to start correctly, I am at a loss here. I have never had so much trouble getting a car to start. I was thinking of changing the spark plugs next since they are cheap. Could it be something with the key, I really have no idea. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it

Old 01-11-2009, 10:29 AM

I admire your tenacity for working on your car to get it running, but at this point, I don't think I would play the
"musical parts" game anymore. I don't think the plugs have anything to do with it. Maybe, but not a total "no-start" problem.
It would probably start with bad plugs, but wouldn't run very well. Right? But I know you know this already. I just hate to see
you pour more time and money into it without being able to nail it down to what's actually wrong. I'm a big proponent of fixing
things yourself, as you may have read in some of my posts here. But......I've found that replacing parts on these cars is the
most expensive way to go, unless you hit it the first or second time. I know you don't want to hear this, but I think it's time to
stop replacing stuff you don't need and pay the hundred bucks or so to hook it to a MB diagnostic reader and get to the heart
of this. Might save you frustration and money. Just a thought. I myself have come to this conclusion after tearing my hair out
trying to figure out which part I need. Sorry, just trying to help.