Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob, Need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Default Noob, Need your opinion

Hello guys, let me start off by saying that this is a very cool forum, lots of good info and you guys seem friendly, well compared to the other forums I've chatted in[8D]

Im in the market for a 2005 C230 K......Been looking for a good deal for a while....What are the things that I need to look at when I go the the dealership tonight...Would you guys recommend the car.....I like the fact thats a 4cyc and that its supercharged....I currently drive a SRT-4 and I just got done de-modding it completely...its completely stock now...Im looking to get the MB because its very luxorous and its a well built car. My father ownes one and its nice, just slow since its a desiel....

I look forward to getting to know everyone here...I stay active on the forums (my job allows me to).....I dont plan on modding the MB, just putting some nice rims and maybe a good sound system....

Dilla Man

Old 01-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Default RE: Noob, Need your opinion

Guess Im alone on this one..

Old 01-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Blatallic,

I wouldn't take it personally, these forums aren't as active as some others. I am sure some experienced users will respond to you soon.

I am in the same boat as yourself, although I am still researching the cars and probably won't be narrowing down my prospects and purchasing one for another month or so.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM

Blatallic,

I have a 2002 C230K Coupe since new. I have hadvirtually noproblemsand I am very happy with it.

From what I have read mostly on this forum is that W203's can have problems with premature tire and brake pad wear, electrical issues particularly lighting sockets, problems with door locks and soft paint.

As with any vehicle purchase check it out thouroughly yourself and consider having a mechanic experienced with the make do a complete check of it.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:29 AM

I would recommend the V6 myself.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:42 AM

ORIGINAL: MBZTech

That wouldn't be the first time I heard that. My friend (also an MB Tech) told me to stay far, far away from the 4 bangers.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: sdsilverm3

ORIGINAL: MBZTech

That wouldn't be the first time I heard that. My friend (also an MB Tech) told me to stay far, far away from the 4 bangers.

I heard they moved to the V6 coz of the noisy 4 bangers, and maybe the little lag in the kick-off, but other than that , have you heard of any technical problems with the kompressor itself? ... i also know it has better MPG , but one thing for sure, V6 is a smoother ride than the kompressor

Old 01-10-2007, 09:15 PM

Is the 2005 supercharged?

While I agree the C230 with the 6 cylinder is smoother, or maybe more linear is a better description, I was really let down whenI drove it. I had to drive a 2006 C230 as loaner and it is a soul-less dog. I walked away thinking to myself that I would much rather own a cheaper, morereliableand zippier Camry (ouch).I can only compare tomy W202 C230K which isn't a speed demon, but it is certainly quicker thanthe current normally aspirated C230.Four cylinders are easier to work on (more space for better access) and proven engines. You do have to get used to the supercharger sound and how it comes on with a rush.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:23 PM

Yes, 2005 C230 is supercharged

Old 01-10-2007, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: xvvvz

Is the 2005 supercharged?

While I agree the C230 with the 6 cylinder is smoother, or maybe more linear is a better description, I was really let down whenI drove it. I had to drive a 2006 C230 as loaner and it is a soul-less dog. I walked away thinking to myself that I would much rather own a cheaper, morereliableand zippier Camry (ouch).I can only compare tomy W202 C230K which isn't a speed demon, but it is certainly quicker thanthe current normally aspirated C230.Four cylinders are easier to work on (more space for better access) and proven engines. You do have to get used to the supercharger sound and how it comes on with a rush.

I agree with u, mine is 2004.5 C230 koompressor, and i sure like it more than the V6 2006 loaner i had a couple of days ago, but one thing i was amazed by, MPG does not vary that much between both cars 'which is kinda pissed me off '

Quick Reply: Noob, Need your opinion