Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes repair secrets

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Default RE: Mercedes repair secrets

Oh yeah its a coupe

Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

HELLO, IM LOOKING FOR HELP I HAVE A 2002 MERCEDES S430 PIECE OF CRAP, AND IT WONT START, EVERY TIME I OPEN THE DOOR THE ALARM GOES OFF, IT WONT START, IT ONLY STARTS WHEN IT FEELS LIKE IT WET, DRY RAINY COLD SAME OLD CRAP! IM TIRED OF THIS, I JUST WANT IT FIXED CAN ANYONE HELP ME, MERCEDES IS TRYING TO BASICALLY BUY STOCK IN THE COMPANY I CANT AFFORD THAT!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR ANY ANY ANY HELP!! 760-406-3113 JULIETTE

Old 02-08-2007, 07:00 PM

As an MBZ Tech you really do know that every main problem has a 1 , 2 , 3 to solve . I appreciate your comment.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:30 PM

To : BROKENS430

Don't be tired my friend , you have requested help for your problem and i will help you . But i need
to know more information about your problem . As gaining time you can add my email star_expert@hotmail.com to your contact list , and we will discuss the main problem that you are in .

Old 02-08-2007, 08:39 PM

Hello star_expert:

I really need your help.

I have a 2001 C320. The battery died on last week and I had it boosted the next day so I could drive it to my mechanic friend to replace the battery.

After replacing the battery, the car has not worked properly:
- error messages re ESP, SRS and faulty display messages (ie: fuel gauge incorrect)
- trunk refuses to open w key or internal button
- remote control will only work (for doors only) if pointed directly at driver door sensor
- engine/transmission seems to have regressed (slow response when gas pedal depressed)
- wiper blades and fluid do not work
- signal lights do not work
- emergency flasher does not work

I reset the ESP error message by turning the steering wheel all the way to the left and then all the way to the right as per the manual. But I am unable to resolve all the other problems. Is this an ECU problem? Or is it a mixture of the problems you listed (ie: alarm system, key, etc.)?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

f1fan.

Old 02-09-2007, 04:10 PM

To : f1fan

Always after replacing the car battery , reactivating the electronic modules must be done.
- error messages are ESP, SRS and faulty display messages (ie: fuel gauge incorrect) --> this fault can be solved by turning the steering wheel all the way to left then all the way to right for initializing the Steering Angle Sensor .
Then all other fault that you mentioned here can be repaired by reinitializing the Front SAM Module located in left engine compartementand Rear SAM Modulelocated in trunk, this can be done by Star Diagnosis Scanner it takes only 5 minutes. If you have this Scanner i can send you the instructions of how to reprogram these modules,this is the only way to solve your problem .

- trunk refuses to open w key or internal button
- remote control will only work (for doors only) if pointed directly at driver door sensor
- engine/transmission seems to have regressed (slow response when gas pedal depressed)
- wiper blades and fluid do not work
- signal lights do not work
- emergency flasher does not work

Star_Expert

Old 02-09-2007, 05:58 PM

Thanks star_expert. Quick reply too.

I'm assuming the "Star" sensor is a MB Tech tool so I'll probably have to take the car in anyway. But at least, you've pointed me in the right direction.

One more question. I haven't drove the car for a week after the battery replacement b/c of the faulty displays, remote, wipers, etc. But this morning, when we tried the car again, it wouldn't start.

Since the battery is brand new, could there also be a "charging" problem or an alternator problem? Or is it normal for a MB to drain a battery if the car is not used for a week.

Thanks again for the electronic module explanation.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:35 PM

You must test the alternator it must have a problem .

Old 02-09-2007, 06:50 PM

To : Marly

When BAS AND ESP appears in your instrument cluster , does your accelerator pedal work for idle ?

Old 02-09-2007, 07:10 PM

Hi, The washer jets on my 2002 slk are weak/blocked Is it possible to remove them without removing the underbonnet panel .The jets seem to be in 2 pieces,does the top prise off?
Thanks

Quick Reply: Mercedes repair secrets