Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Mercedes just told me I can't do it.....reset it....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Default Mercedes just told me I can't do it.....reset it....

[:@] Mercedes just told me that the C230K prior to my 2005 can be reset (Service A icon, etc.) but mine has to be done
at the dealership. I tried according to the posts here, and nothing. Are they right? Rrrrrrrrrr.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Mercedes just told me I can't do it.....reset it....

Turns out they were wrong. Mercedes doesn't WANT you to know how to reset the indicator. And, the dealerships here won't do it for you regardless. I was just there. They'll only do it if THEY perform the maintenance, contrary to what it clearly says in my owner's manual. I found out how to do it on an '05 230K if anybody wants to know. I'm only posting this because I received no replies when I asked. Oh yeah, calling Mercedes, as my manual clearly says I can do, was worse. What a joke that was. Doesn't speak well for DC. Ahhh...I feel so much better now. Ha![:@]

Old 06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

i know you can find it out from the manual.

we don't need to hook up the computer everytime we change oil.

even the newest W221, we just do it via instrument cluster.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:22 AM

it is nice to hear from you sleepwalker

Old 06-22-2006, 04:37 AM

Unfortunately, that's not true. I have the manual in front of me now, and I quote:

Page 294

Resetting the maintenance service indicator

In the event that the maintenance service on your vehicle is not carried out by an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center, you can have the maintenance service indicator reset. The automotive maintenance facility carrying out the maintenance service will find the information for resetting the maintenance service indicator in the maintenance-relevant information for your vehicle. Such information is available from either your authorized Mercedes-Benz Center or directly from Mercedes-Benz.

And THAT's all it says in the whole manual about "resetting" it. Which is, as I said, not true at all because Mercedes would not give me the procedure for me to reset it. If this information is in other owner's manuals
that's great, but it's not in the one for the 2005 C-Class Sedan. [:@]

Old 06-27-2006, 12:52 AM

nope cant get rid of that unfortunately i went to a regular repair shop and the guy printed out how to turn off the service A on a 2001 C240 and we tried everything the warning light goes off but then when u turn the car off and then on again it comes on. at least that is what happened to mine. Luckily mine is still under warranty although it has 74K miles on it but the dealership where i bought it paid MB to get the service done. so they turned it off but i can send u how its done if u want to i still have that paper its easy to do and apparently thats how u turn most of them off on benzes

Old 06-27-2006, 03:06 AM

Thanks, but I found out how to do it. I went to a dealership, grabbed a tech, and led him out to my car. He showed me.
Mercedes wouldn't tell me as it says they will in my owner's manual, and the local shops wouldn't either. This guy did. So easy.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Would you be kind enough to post the procedure here for the use of all our members?
Thank you.
Shan.

Old 06-27-2006, 01:16 PM

Yes, of course. Remember, this is for my 2005 C230K. I don't know if other years, models, etc. will work as well. OK.

TO RESET THE SERVICE A OR SERVICE B on this car:

1. Turn key to the #2 position. People have said the door has to be shut. On my car it does not. (Shut it anyway!)
This position is the one just before the car starts. Do not start the car.

2. Scroll menu button on upper left of steering wheel to show the mileage.

3. Use the arrow up/down to show the SERVICE A or SERVICE B icons....there will be one or two wrenches showing.

4. HOLD the trip reset button (on the left of the instrument cluster) IN for ten seconds and release.

5. HOLD the trip reset button in ANOTHER THREE SECONDS and release.

6. This should reset it and it should not appear again when you initially start the car. Works on my car anyway.

My pleasure to post this.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:41 PM

oh wow... i have the exact same thing except step 4-5 where it says to hold the reset button again for 3 seconds maybe thats why it didnt work. But mine is being weird as it is soo yeah well tx for posting it ill try it next time to see if it works

Quick Reply: Mercedes just told me I can't do it.....reset it....