Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

mercedes -finest **** mobiles on the planet

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Default RE: mercedes -finest **** mobiles on the planet

My '06 C230 Sport is at 3 years old and 21k miles. This is a substantial Test Drive in my opinion. I have had
zero issues from day 1 until current. In my opinion and experience this is not a bad car at all.

To that effect I have not had a bad car experience in the modern era (1993 to date). I have owned a variety of cars (all foreign of note):

93 Nissan Pick Up
95 Honda Accord
95 BMW 318i
96 Isuzu Trooper
97 Mazda Miata
97 BMW318is
03 Honda Pilot
06 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport
07 BMW X3

I currently own the X3, C230 and the beloved Miata (140k miles).

I maintained all these cars very carefully and had good luck with all of them. The MBZ has been no less reliable than any of these cars. It has been lower maintenance to date since I do not have to change the oil every 5k miles like I did with the Trooper, Pilot, etc.

It has been to the dealer twice in 2 years for oil changes. So it has been available about 99.8% of the time. Not bad.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

I would agree, they are probably not meant for the thrifty.
I would agree the engines are not easily diagnosed by anyone.
I would agree that I myself have been absolutely furious at my car.
ButI got it fixed, and evertything is fine now.

Old 01-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

While my wife's09 Toyota sienna was in the shop, we rented an 09 Chrysler Aspen. If you ever want to feel better about your car, rent a Chrysler product for two weeks. In two weeks the Aspen leaked more oil on my garage floor from the engine and rear end than any car we have ever owned. I guess somebody moved their cheese.

Blue

Old 01-01-2009, 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: BlueSilver

While my wife's09 Toyota sienna was in the shop, we rented an 09 Chrysler Aspen. If you ever want to feel better about your car, rent a Chrysler product for two weeks. In two weeks the Aspen leaked more oil on my garage floor from the engine and rear end than any car we have ever owned. I guess somebody moved their cheese.

Blue
Then people wonder why they are going under. Sorry to hear a rental car gave you such trouble.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

C280, you are a modern gentleman. Sometimes I wonder how offensive some of the things I say must sound. I often stand on a line whether to clamp my jaw tightly on an issue, or simply say it. After working for the US and Eurpoean aerospace industries and managing ISO, nadcap and other societal membership compliances, I know that nothing said leads to nothing done. So, I generally recieve two types of Emails, defensive complaints, or surveys regarding engineering change notices or corrective actions. Personally, I am gladengineers browse the forums for customer product feedback; these forums have illuminated a whole new source of information and truth about the products we buy. The companies that listen and steadily act on our issues and observations will find that their products command respect in the marketplace.

Blue

Old 01-01-2009, 12:23 PM

You know sometimes you have to just say whats true. Face the music as I always say. The issue is that most people hear/say what they want to say and dont look at the whole picture.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:00 PM

i say anyone coming on a forum full off mercedes lovers bashing our cars can not be smart enough to understand how superior these cars are.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: jimishadow

i say anyone coming on a forum full off mercedes lovers bashing our cars can not be smart enough to understand how superior these cars are.
I agree to that strongly. I have been driving them since 1980. Have had very little issues with them excluding the C280- Still rock solid only stupid inerior parts gave me trouble. Everyone I know that has them loves them and would gladly buy another one. There are lemons in every car. But to say that a car is nothing but issues(Im not nocking anyone driving an oldr mercedes. Ihave a 1987 myself)when your driving one thats older with lots of miles and saying they are all bad. Thats not giving the car company a fair chance.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with you guys, but when I read his post his insult does not bother me but his frustration certainly does. This young man is in trouble. I wish he had come here asking for help instead of lashing out, because we all are certainly able to help.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:50 PM

I like my little 02 C230K. It sat for two weeks buried in a foot of snow. Went out and it started right up! This AM it started and ran alittlerough/miss, check engine light came on. Figured it was a plug. Checked the code tonight and it's #4. No problem, needs plugs anyway @ 66K, easy fix.

My 05 SL55 is another story, same stuff goes on, (way the hell more expensive) but that one has warranty until 2011. I still do my own routinemaintenance for fun on that one too.

Thinking of stepping up to buy a Star computer soon so I can go a little deeper in the bowles of my German machines.

Just ordered chrome legs for my FXDWG andI need to pull the rear wheel on my Road King toget that one ready for spring.

Get the picture, if it has ****, props or wheels, it's going to take some work to keep it happy :-)

Quick Reply: mercedes -finest **** mobiles on the planet