Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Looking to buy & have ?'s re: 99 C230

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Default Looking to buy & have ?'s re: 99 C230

Be gentle - I hope to not ask too many dumb girl ?'s. I have been reading here for a couple days and have learned alot from you all. Thanks alot.

My car is too small ( personally I think is is perfect but the kids are a bit squished so they say ) and and it is at the time that larger items will need to be replaced very soon (timing belt for 1) so were looking to change cars. I refuse to drive a minivan - they don't corner well and have no get up and go at all! LOL Anyway, my longtime trusted and loved mechanic has some trusted dealer friends of his looking for us. After passing on a couple cars (one was a smokers veh. and the other didnt pass with Tim our mechanic) the Dealer found a 1999 C230 on the east coast. The word is that the car is very clean and in super shape. It has passed one garage's mech. test and thus is on its way here. Upon arrival on Tue or Wed our mechanic will go through it (he checks everything) and give us the yea or ney.

My ? would be mainly what are some the things my husband and I should keep our eyes and ears open to while test driving and looking over the car itself. I know Tim will be looking at all the major engine, drive train, roters, berrings and other key items. I am thinking of interior things that may be common with this type of vehical. Things that would be overlooked by a new MB buyer.

Any idea's or pointers would be very appreciated. My requirements were simply a car that is reliable with 4 doors (and safety of course). Oh it had to fit into our budet. I swore I would never drive an automatic but I will give on that if I can stay out of big cars or vans. My husband simply works alot and doesn't have extra time to research so I offered to do it. I am glad to have found your site.

Thank you very much for your time reading my post.

Donna