Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

lambo kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Default lambo kit

i just bought a 2002 c230 kompressor coupe. i ordered 18's and am now looking for lambo doors. i cant seem to find any for the c class will the clk kits fit or do you know where i can find a kit for my car thanks

Old 09-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Default RE: lambo kit

There is a company that makes lambo door adapters for most any car. on DIY TV there is a show tricked out, that converted a Honda into a lambo door. It's not that expensive for the kit was around $300.00, plus labor if you not really handy with electrical and body work, includes everything you need, wiring harness extensions, the door things that make it lambo style. There is quite alot of work involved, the front fender has to come off, the wiring harness, has to have each indivdual wire cut, and spliced, all the items needed to do that are included. you need to line up the door before you cut the holes for the screws etc. I would like this mod myself. I don't remember the name of the company, but the show Tricked Out has shown this episode twice on the last month and you can go to DIY.com and get the info. When installed to open the open you pull the handle as usual and the door pops open and then you raise it up, it is not automatic and nothing was mentioned they make a auto door lifter, however according to the MC of the show the mechanism is counter balanced so the door is not "heavy" to get up. after you get in you lower the door with the handle and pull it shut. It seemed on the Honda at least, the dooris popped out far enough so you don't have to slam it and or not completely close it. I have a C280 and would love these doors, but the MC also mentioned the kits are custom made for the car and some cars have no applications yet. Also some of the trim had to be removed and a hole cut in the fender for clearance for the mechanism to clear, and new piece trim is supplie that has the mfg logo on it Also the front fender has to be replaced and lined up correctly. It is not a one man job. As I remember their was no welding involved.

There is a new Dodge 300 around the neigborhood that has this mode, it was on display at a Friday nite, car meet, I didn't stop as I didn't have the time. Check with a local custom shope also, they might have infor on it. When the doors are down and closed the car looks stock except for the new trim section which on the Honda was about 4 inches (guess) long and was at the seam end. I think the hardest part was splicing all those wires, but they also memtioned on some cars if the plug for the door wiring is accessable, it is plug in the extension harness and then plug the harness into the car's power supply.