Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

LAMBO DOOR

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 02:26 AM
Default LAMBO DOOR

Has anyone Lambo's their doors. There is a new Dodge Charger in the area with the front doors Lambo's very cool when up. the car was on display at the local Dodge dealer a while back.

I saw a kit for C Class Mercedes cars. But it is a universal, so some fabrication may be required the ad noted and professional installation highly recommended. $1500 for the kit. Remote still works to lock, unlock and windows. Supplied longer wire harness. When you pull on the handle, the door opens a couple of inches and then you swing them up. Very easy, as the mechanicals are counter balanced. Easier to get in and out of also. Also very solid install. Nice thud when closing the doors.

Perhaps someday, I will get lambo'd doors???

Old 05-16-2006, 04:55 AM
Default RE: LAMBO DOOR

Those doors do look pretty nice. But to be totaly honest they are called Lambo doors because they belong on Lambo's. Putting them on any thing elese is just imitation and should onlly be on Lambo cars. This is just a thought, not to criticize or anything.

Old 05-16-2006, 11:48 AM

You have a very good point, they are lambo doors for lambo. However, at a local dealer in the showroom they have a SlK (?) with lambo's or was it a McLaren??? I didn't think Mercedes had any cars with these doors? The dealer is Lewbar Mercedes Benz in West Springfield, Ma. Next to it there was a short wheelbase Maybach. the Springfield, Ma area is mostly blue collar, I am wondering why they would have a Mayback and maybe a McLaren SLK? Besides other then my lawyer, and accountant, no one else could afford either car. Perhaps my lawyer can't. But for what he charges, I hope he would be able to afford one of them? Ditto on the acccontant.

I probably won't do it, due to the expense and possibly the decrease in value. Also, the auto body shop I use said it would probably cost as much to install them as they cost. $3K on a car that is worth about $12K. Also, I doubt if I traded the car I would get extra for the lambo's. As I wrote above, the car would probably decrease. But the thought did cross my mind. Thanks for the reality check!!!

New Country Motors in Hartford, Ct was supposed to be a Maybach dealer. The dealership built a separate showroom for the car and assigned a Maybach salesperson, who went to Germany for training. After his return, the dealership received a letter from MB stating they have changed their plans and are not selling Maybach's at New Country. The owner's weren't too happy, Mercedes responded, their market study showed the income bracket did not meet the requirements Mercedes has to sell Maybach's in any particular area.The Hartford, Ct area is white collar, insurance, some high tech and the average income is a lot higher then Springfield, Ma 30 miles north. The only Maybach dealer is now in Greenwich, Ct, where there is more money then people and dogs, cats combined.

\

Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 PM

Is that scissor effect for all 4 doors or do the Lambo doors come longer and replace the 2 rear doors?