Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums

Mercedes Forum - Mercedes Benz Enthusiast Forums (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes C Class (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/)
-   -   How to fix broken window switch? (https://mercedesforum.com/forum/mercedes-c-class-10/how-fix-broken-window-switch-36151/)

stevel 04-20-2009 10:32 PM

How to fix broken window switch?

I have a 2003 C240 in which the window switches are located on the door handles, not the center console/transmission housing. One of the driver-side window switches (for the front passenger window to be exact) has broken and is still usable but the button comes off completely. If I fix this, do I need to buy the whole module (i.e., all 4 window switches) or can I just replace the single broken toggle?

Thanks for reading!

mrcoyote 04-21-2009 11:57 AM

Same thing happened on my '05 C230K. I replaced the one switch only. The driver's window switch commonly goes before the others because of the frequency of use, obviously. Not a big deal to do the job.

stevel 04-30-2009 06:23 PM

How do you do it?

Originally Posted by mrcoyote (Post 119569)
Same thing happened on my '05 C230K. I replaced the one switch only. The driver's window switch commonly goes before the others because of the frequency of use, obviously. Not a big deal to do the job.

How much was it and how did you remove it (do I need to take door apart)? I guess 'switch' is a bad term since I really only need the black plastic piece with the picture of window on it. The switch behind the piece is fully functional.

Thanks!

Sceebo 10-06-2010 07:53 PM

How did you do it?

Well this is an old thread but hopefully someone will have an answer. How did you replace the switch without breaking it?

I recently bought an 04 clk500 for the wife and the window switch was broken by the detail person the day I picked it up. I bought an entire module off ebay for $50 just to get the plastic switch and now I just want to pull the switch off the one I bought and put it on the one in the car. I just don't want to break it in the process. That would not be good. :(

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Lisa Graham 12-15-2011 04:51 PM

Driver side window

I have a C 240 '02. Driver side window control has been broke for a while but with patience it will go up. Tried to put window up today it did'nt work. How can this be fixed?

big Al's C220 12-19-2011 02:07 PM

Hiya, as an emergency measure, exit your car, hold down the lock button on your key fob until the windows go up, if that fails, try locking it first, then holding down the button.
That method works for my 55 plate C220.
My driver button is broken, so has anyone actually replaced the button itself? Or is it a case of replacing the whole unit??

Originally Posted by Lisa Graham (Post 154793)
I have a C 240 '02. Driver side window control has been broke for a while but with patience it will go up. Tried to put window up today it did'nt work. How can this be fixed?

Skye 06-09-2016 06:53 PM

I have created a video you might be interested about the button repair and it won't cost you a dime (unless you want to buy a button) PLUS you can repair it in less than a minute! Click my free YouTube Video:

drnapier 05-30-2017 11:37 PM

Drivers window switch

Hi Skye, trust all is well with you. First of all, thank you for video on how to repair a broken switch, in my case, it was drivers side window that would not come up. My vehicle is Mercedes 2009 C300. I check first to see if a fuse was blown, the 2&3 were fine. After a google search, I came across your video which was right on point. I replaced the rear switch with the front and as quick as you can say up and down, my window is now working. I will look around for either replacement switch or the whole module. Again thanks.