Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me please...Can't get into my trunk

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Default Help me please...Can't get into my trunk

I have a 1995 c 220 that I absolutely love...been a great car. I normally lock and unlock my trunk by locking and unlocking my doors. Last week my girl had already locked the doors and wanted to put her pocketbook in the trunk, so she used the key to unlock the trunk and relock it. Now, I can't get it to unlock by using the door locks or the key either. The key slot is in the horizontal position and won't turn at all. Went to the Benz dealership and they want to pull the lock assembly for god knows how much money. Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated. Even a way to get in the trunk would help.....Thanks

P.s. Help me Help me......just about ready to pull my hair out.....Like I said...key slot is in the horizontal position and it won't turn either way. Thank You

Last edited by jhasty; 07-23-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:41 AM
Default Locking/unlocking trunk lid with mechanical key.

The locking cylinder in the trunk lid lock can be turned with the mechanical key. On the 0 position /1/ the lock is unlocked mechanically. If the vehicle is not locked centrally /button on the dash board/, the trunk lid can be opened manually.
The trunk lid lock can be opened mechanically by turning the key 30 degree to the left /2/ and pressing in the lock cylinder, even when the vehicle is locked centrally. The key cannot be removed in this position.
The key can be turned to the 90 degree position /3/ by turning the key to the right. The key can be removed in this position. The trunk lid lock is then locked mechanically. It cannot be opened either manually or with the remote control key or with the remote trunk release switch.
Try to press central locking button on the dash board and then use the trunk key.