Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Default Hello All!!!

Good morning/afternoon/evening/night! lol

Im new to the forum. Im glad i found this website. I currently own a 2005 C230 Komp AMG Mercedes

It has currently 37,500K miles on the odometer. Comes with all the bells and whistles (Navi,Harmon K system, etc..)

I just jumped into the Mercedes scene not really knowing much about the vehicles but have friends that own some. (S500,another C230). Im wondering, is there anything i need to know about the car as far as maintance,recalls,issues? What to get replaced? My friend is a Mech. for MBZ so he can do all the work. But im wondering if theres anything i should know about the vehicle? I just got it yesterday, so yeah

BTW, what is the C S button next to the shifter do? What about that button where it had the MBZ showing a hook on the back of the vehicle and it says "off" next to it!

Thanks guys! I hope to enjoy this forum :thumbsup:

Old 10-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Default RE: Hello All!!!

The hook is to turn off alarm for towing.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 AM

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but that car doesn't exist.

Now follow me: In 2005, the C-class AMG car was a 5.4 liter V-8, not a supercharged 4 cyl. (Kompressor), or what's
known as a C230K. Right?

So I must be the one confused here....since AMG never made a package for the 4 cyl. C class for that year.

Is the car a V8? If not, it's not an AMG.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 PM

Damn, nah its C230Kompressor. I dont see any AMG signatures so i've been tricked. I kind of sensed it but i didnt want to make and *** of myself til i got to this forum. So..

Its regular C230K then. 05. Just like yours

Whats the C S button do next to the shifter? And the other questions if you dont mind please.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 AM

OK>since somebody else told you about the towing switch, I will explain the C S buttons near the shifter.

That is the "program mode selector switch" according to the owner's manual (you need one of these!)

C is for Comfort For Comfort Driving

S is for Sport For Standard Driving

Press the switch until the desired program mode appears in the multifunction display.

In C mode, the vehicle starts out in second gear for gentler starts. This does not apply

if range 1 is selected. Traction and driving stability are improved on icy roads. Upshifts

occur earlier even when you give more gas. The engine then operates at lower rpms and the

wheels are less likely to spin.

I am quoting from the owner's manual, by the way. Anything else I can look up for you?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: mrcoyote

OK>since somebody else told you about the towing switch, I will explain the C S buttons near the shifter.

That is the "program mode selector switch" according to the owner's manual (you need one of these!)

C is for Comfort For Comfort Driving

S is for Sport For Standard Driving

Press the switch until the desired program mode appears in the multifunction display.

In C mode, the vehicle starts out in second gear for gentler starts. This does not apply

if range 1 is selected. Traction and driving stability are improved on icy roads. Upshifts

occur earlier even when you give more gas. The engine then operates at lower rpms and the

wheels are less likely to spin.

I am quoting from the owner's manual, by the way. Anything else I can look up for you?
Your right i do need a manual

Where can i get one for my 05 C230K Sedan? Most inexpensive?

Thanks mrcoyote :thumbsup:

Old 10-30-2007, 05:33 PM

Oh yeah, im taking in my car for a service check. It still has warranty for another 1yr3mos. IS THERE ANYTHING I SHOULD GET REPLACED RIGHT NOW? ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING?

Thanks!

Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 AM

Let's see...at 37K miles plus, and still under warranty, I can't really think of anything you "must replace right now".
Unless your brake pads are shot, at which time the sensor would trip and it would show on the dash. Or tires. The important
stuff. Remember, Mercedes isn't going to "replace" ANYTHING under warranty unless it's broken. So if nothing is broken, don't
worry too much. Consider yourself lucky and keep driving! Yeah? OK!

We are here to help out if we can and there are some great people here with a lot of experience.
I really only know about my own experience with my own '05C230K. The rest of what I share comes from years
(won't say how many!.....) of hot rodding cars, building my own engines, etc. and basically stuck with the car
virus my whole life. I'm happy to admit I don't know it all. What I do, I am happy to share. Good luck!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: mrcoyote

Let's see...at 37K miles plus, and still under warranty, I can't really think of anything you "must replace right now".
Unless your brake pads are shot, at which time the sensor would trip and it would show on the dash. Or tires. The important
stuff. Remember, Mercedes isn't going to "replace" ANYTHING under warranty unless it's broken. So if nothing is broken, don't
worry too much. Consider yourself lucky and keep driving! Yeah? OK!

We are here to help out if we can and there are some great people here with a lot of experience.
I really only know about my own experience with my own '05C230K. The rest of what I share comes from years
(won't say how many!.....) of hot rodding cars, building my own engines, etc. and basically stuck with the car
virus my whole life. I'm happy to admit I don't know it all. What I do, I am happy to share. Good luck!

thanks Mr C!

yeah, nothing seems to be wrong with the vehicle at the moment so... Where can i get a service/car manual for the C230k? (most inexpensive palce as possible)

Old 11-01-2007, 01:02 AM

I almost hate to say it, but........the dealership. I know. I know. Don't say it.

OR>>>>you could buy mine for.......say........$10,000.00. Yeah. That's it. Buy mine.
It's in great condition! Cash only, small bills please, no checks, etc.
VISA and MASTERCARD gladly accepted.

Quick Reply: Hello All!!!