Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

GPS and iPod

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Default GPS and iPod

I have a 2004.5 Kompressor Sedan with the premium sound and was wondering if there are any out there with some knowledge of the electric system and where I can tap in to the 12v DC current to power my Dell Axim 3i, and will need power and a radio tapto mount a iPodin the glove box beside the CD changer. I am interested and willing to help contribute to the forum for everyones benefit via documentation and so forth if someone is interested.

Old 02-08-2004, 03:32 AM
Default GPS and iPod

Originally Posted by davrodg
I have a 2004.5 Kompressor Sedan with the premium sound and was wondering if there are any out there with some knowledge of the electric system and where I can tap in to the 12v DC current to power my Dell Axim 3i, and will need power and a radio tapto mount a iPodin the glove box beside the CD changer. I am interested and willing to help contribute to the forum for everyones benefit via documentation and so forth if someone is interested.
</P>

I was able to do it.</P>

Equipment. Dell Axim X5 and Archos MP3 Jukebox in my C320. It may be different for your model.</P>

CD-changer powerlead. Getaudio power tap cable (available from car audio stores such as cruchfields). It's plug and play so no clipping is necessary. Used this to power my jukebox. </P>

Dell Axim power. Tapped the extra power for the panel (if you did not go with the upgraded premium LCD display. There are two leads to the main panel. I used the second one for my dell. Added a DC head to the lead and plugged my Dell DC plug in there. </P>

Hope this helps.</P>