Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Default fuel problem

I am new to this sight and I would like everyones experiences or comments to the issue I am having.

The issue I am having iswhen Iaccelerate I get a yellow exclamation sign and Ilose acceleration. It feels the fuel is not getting through to the engine. I let go of the gas pedal and after a few seconds the yellow exclamation icon disappears and the car functioning properly. I put my foot back on the gas pedal to increase my speed and the yellow explanation sign reappears. The car then again decreases its speed all over again.

The issue resolves itself after a few seconds, but Mercedes dealership cannot duplicate the issue.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: fuel problem

hello. the light is your taction control warning, it lets you know that the system is sensing that at least one of the wheels are not turning the same as the others. when it flashes it means that the system is working or doing its job. did you try to push the ESP switch, then the triangle light will stay on which means traction control is turned off, but there still is some intervention with the system, it is never really fully off. I recommend checking all your tires and make sure that they are all the same sizes.( unless the car has staggered sizes front to back)if one tire is wrong size it will think there is a traction problem and will cut back throttle or even brake. Ive seen many times where people get tires put on someplace other than the benz dealer and the tire places dont check to see if the tires are staggered sizes. they put on the wrong size tires and then there is a problem. ive also seen way too much armorall on tires and the tires slip on the side walls around hard cornersand also can cause this problem. it sounds rediculous but it has happened.I hope maybe this will help you.

Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 PM

chassis221 makes a good point about checking the tire sizes.
the reason it feels like the engine is not getting enough fuel is because, well, thats exactly what is happening. the ESP unit (traction control) has the ability to limit the throttle valve opening to reduce engine torque and prevent the wheels from spinning. also, it it gets bad enough, the ESP can apply the brakes at a specific wheel to prevent spin.

pressing the ESP off button will turn off the throttle control function, but the brake actuation will still be in effect. the dealers have a way to turn the system completely off, the infamous "dyno mode", but they arent allowed to tell it to the general public for safety and liability reasons[>:]

Old 04-06-2007, 03:38 PM

It correct as chassis mentioned. I suspect may be your tyres are not as per ur weather conditions, may be u have summer set on winter climate or vice versa ...