Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Fog Light wire

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Default Fog Light wire

2007 C230 Sport, Automatic

I recently purchased a 2007 C230 Sport. I turned on the fog lights recently and a dash message stated that the left front fog light was not working. So, I jacked the car up, and I removed screws to access the bulb from underneath the bumper.

Well, I noticed that there was no cable/wire connected to the bulb. I looked all around the immediate area and even up top under the hood, and I even took the belly pan off to see if it was tucked under it. Nothing. No cable to be found.

I took the passenger side apart and found that the fog light did work, and of course, the cable/wire was properly connected.

Is this covered under the warranty/extended warranty? What can I do to locate this wire? It is not there. No hanging wires or disconnected wires anywhere in the area of the driver side fog light.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:32 PM

you should take it back to where you bought it and ask them to correct the problem

Old 08-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Default Fog light wires

2007 C230 Sport Auto

I took the plastic wheel well off again and took some photos of the area that the wires for the fog light should be. Perhaps someone can tell me if the wires that I took photos of are for the fog light - driver side front.

See photos

#2 is a side view of a wire that is heat shrink to what looks like a sensor mounted in the washer fluid reservoir

#3 is a photo of the fog light as it is mounted in its place

#4 is the blue/brown wire that is connected to the wires that are heat shrink to the sensor in the washer reservoir

#5 is the bottom of the wires that are heat shrink to this device in the washer fluid reservoir (see to the right). The connector at the very top has the blue/brown wires on one side and the two other wires that are heat shrink to the washer fluid reservoir.

Fog lamp wires photo is a side view taken from the driver side. It shows the heat shrink wires attached to the washer fluid sensor.

Can someone tell me that I am looking at the fog lamp wires? I took all of that apart again looking for wires and a connector that plugs into the fog lamp. There are no other wires under there.

Does this connection suppose to be heat shrink to the washer fluid reservoir sensor?

thanks in advance

Attached Thumbnails Fog Light wire-fog-lamp-wire-2.jpg   Fog Light wire-fog-lamp-wire-3.jpg   Fog Light wire-fog-lamp-wire-4.jpg   Fog Light wire-fog-lamp-wire-5.jpg   Fog Light wire-fog-lamp-wires.jpg  

Old 08-10-2009, 09:07 PM

imnot sure what to make of some of the photos but if any of those connections look like the right side wires/connector, to the foglamp then try switching them....if they reach. maybe the cars been to a body shop and its been put back together wrong, i recommend going to the dealer you bought it at and have them look at it. did you buy it at a MB dealer because that would not have passed a Certified Preowned Inspection without that working correctly. see where the wires from the other working side goes, and go to the same harness and look for the wires on the other side.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:10 PM
Default Remove shrink wrap or wire wrap and trace

Originally Posted by altownsend
2007 C230 Sport Auto

I took the plastic wheel well off again and took some photos of the area that the wires for the fog light should be. Perhaps someone can tell me if the wires that I took photos of are for the fog light - driver side front.

See photos

#2 is a side view of a wire that is heat shrink to what looks like a sensor mounted in the washer fluid reservoir

#3 is a photo of the fog light as it is mounted in its place

#4 is the blue/brown wire that is connected to the wires that are heat shrink to the sensor in the washer reservoir

#5 is the bottom of the wires that are heat shrink to this device in the washer fluid reservoir (see to the right). The connector at the very top has the blue/brown wires on one side and the two other wires that are heat shrink to the washer fluid reservoir.

Fog lamp wires photo is a side view taken from the driver side. It shows the heat shrink wires attached to the washer fluid sensor.

Can someone tell me that I am looking at the fog lamp wires? I took all of that apart again looking for wires and a connector that plugs into the fog lamp. There are no other wires under there.

Does this connection suppose to be heat shrink to the washer fluid reservoir sensor?

thanks in advance
u ask does it attach to the washer fluid probably so with out a diagram i cant say me I would unwrap that shrink wrap, which isnt shrink wrap. It’s just like something wrapped around it and trace it.