Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Feedback from 2009 C300 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Feedback from 2009 C300 Owners

senewman1,

I bought my C300, and like it very much.

What wheels did you get? are you going to get different wheels?

Also, I suppose you have been reading the owners/warranty manual as well.
It is my understanding that you must complete all scheduled services or the warranty is void. My ONLY problem with this is they are going to use that Mobil1 oil.
Now I know Mobil1 funds the racing effort etc. but to be blunt, my experience with synthetic oil is that it dissolves and weakens everything plastic or rubber that it touches, with the exception of a few specific polymers.So my concern is that I am not interested in overhauling my engine sealsat 80k, for the sake of a warranty or corporate synergy. With great condemnation, I used straight 30w on my CLK, against the recommendation of the dealer,and NEVER had an internal engine problem even as it approached 200k miles.
What oil are you going to use?

You know, the only way to truthfully resolve this issue is for me is to order one of every seal that comes in contact with the oil or oil vapor, go ahead and have it analyzed at the aerospace lab, and determine if they are the proper materials for use with synthetic oil. I have the time, means, and motivation to do this, so I mighty as well get it over with before the first oil change is due. It is highly likely that MB has done the "right thing" but I will sleep better at night knowing instead of hoping. Lets just call it a quality audit.

Blue

Old 11-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Default RE: Feedback from 2009 C300 Owners

Bluesilver,

I am an engineer by trade, so please feel free to share any info if you want. I will provide a personal email address for that. A note, when you turn the selector **** for the headlights all the way to the right and then pull it out for the fog lamps, pull it only once. If you pull it out a second time (or all the way) it turns the european rear fog lamp on, which is one of the rear tail lights becomes brighter. I plan on keeping the original rims for now, but may look purchase something different after the winter months here in Minnesota.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Default Update on Ownership:

I have had the 2009 C300 now for 7 months now and have had really had no issues. Mine has the 4matic, and I cantell you living in Minnesota in the winter, this car handles excellent in the snow. Even better than my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland w/V8. I can plow through 3-5 inches of snow at speeds that make me have to weave in and out of traffic with total confidence. The outside styling really turns alot of heads and people tend to stare a bit when you pull up to traffic lights. I have become a customed to the slightly stiffer interior seating (from a 2005 Acura TL) and found out on a recent 3 hour trip that it actually is alot better than the TL. The performance of the car really pulls the package together on the highway. I just wish they would anticipate more leg room for rear seat passengers. Even my 4.5 year old in a car seat has feet against the back of the seat in front of him if my wife is in the car as well. That is unless she moves the seat forward and is kissing the dash. Today was an awakening when I went to start the car and nothing, no starter turn or even internal power workings. I called the 24hr roadside assistance and the person appeared in about 15 minutes. I was surpised as the initial perception was that my battery had drained due to fault of my own and that my jumper pack just did not have enough amps to do the job. Well that was not the issue. It is thought by the very nice roadside assistance guy that there is some issue with the coded key and ignigition system. He was able to spend some timeon the key and ignition switch to get it to finally turn over. I then decided to drive it to the dealership and do a late drop off. I will post again when I hear word of what the problem is determined by the MB dealer.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:43 PM

Does C300 have a blue one ? C300 is too expensive ,maybe 5-9 years later i can buy one

Old 05-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Default C300 Car Repair Update

Well, the problem with the car ended being the ignition are where I put the key in and a new part was ordered by the dealer. They gave me a new C300 loaner car to drive for the next two days until my part arrived and was installed. Upon picking the car, the service man explained the issue and took me to my car, that was fully washed and detailed. The dealer called me twice, once the next day and about a week later, to verify everything was still working correctly. I do think Mercedes Benz could learn a few things from other car manufacturers on improvements for the voice system. I ask the system to call a number, and have to make multiple voice responses before the system will dial.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 PM

This is a 13 month update on my 2009 C300 4Matic. I can still say, that sitting at lights you will most likely get a few looks. I even got a thumbs up backing out of a parking spot by a person a few weeks ago. Recently I had to do a 4 hour drive to visit a supplier and decided to take the C300 and see how it drove. I will say that I was glade to see some rest stops along the way as it does not have the most comfortable seating. I have driven 6 times across the United States (CA to PA) and would say this is not the car for it. The seating is firm and does provide great support, but does not include a good balance for comfort on a long trip. The navigation system has anice size screen to look at, but is mainly worthless after that. I have looked up many abusinesses and can say that 50 - 75% are not in the system by name. You have to look the actual address and even then it is a hit and miss. The technology integrated into the C300 is good, but the integration method for voice commands is really poor. I hate having to say several different commands to voice dial a prestored phone number. The integration for ease of use by the driver has been overlooked. It felt as though MB put in the technology quickly with little thought on interface with the driver. I have also noted that with the seven speed transmission, it has huge hang ups during accerlation at highway speeds. Everyone has been in the position where you just slam the gas pedal to pass someone, but I have noted that the C300 has a problem after the passing has been done. I have seen on most alot of occassions that the RPM's remain high, as if stuck in a higher gear, even when my foot has been totally been removed from the gas pedal. It will hang at the high RPM's for several seconds and then drop back down to normal. Another concern is the rear seating in that if you put a child seat for a 5 year old back there, forget about it. If an adult of 5'10" is in the front driver or passenger seat, and adjusts it to be comfortable, the child in the carseat behind it would almost have there feet/shoes touching it on the back of the seat. Thats with them not even to have to kick the back of the seat, as most adults hate. But still I will say that the 4 matic has a great reputation in the rainy and snow weather.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:29 AM

I am also new to the forum. My 2009 C300 is my first Mercedes and I am so happy with it. The only issue I have is the rough idling when I first turn it on especially in the morning. The rough idling last for about 30 seconds and then smooths out after that. Anybody here experiencing the same issue? I took it back to dealer but they said this is just normal to this car because of the new emission laws. My car mileage at the moment is only 1,500+. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Dean1965; 10-31-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Default New Update:

I am posting a new update on my C300 4 Matic. I got all the bells and whistle when I pruchased this car. The navigation screen is nice and love the flipup when starting the car, but thats about the best it is good for. Most phone numbers I input to look up an address by this method usually turn up nothing. I think a Gramin in my pocket would be more helpful. The tire pressure monitor system is also a poorly designed system. In Minnesota, that "Check Tire Pressure" warning comes across the display in the winter every time the vehicle is started. I have taken in to the dealer several times during the winter and the problems occurs a few days after it was in for resetting. It comesto the point that you begin to ignore it, like crying "Wolf" so to speak. A few days ago I took my car back to the dealership for the tire pressure to get reset as the weather in Minnesota is beginning to be closer to srping time. It seems this issue appears more during winter months. I grew up in an automtive environment, and even after adjusting all four tire pressures to the same level, I still get the error and the tire pressure monitor system does not provide information on each tire just an overview status.

A new things is headlamps and fog lights. I had both headlights and fog lamps burn out. After a fog lamp burnt out and was replaced by the dealer, a week later the other went as well. It was a pain to have to return to the dealer to get it repaired.