Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Engine Noise w/ rough idle HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Default Engine Noise w/ rough idle HELP!!

I'm not sure what this is or is caused by. I have had this 2004 C230K for about 2 weeks. One day I started it and it wouldn't idle smooth, other than that it ran fine. Gave codes of bank 1 lean and misc engine misfires. Took it in. They said intake leak, and some hose and valve downbetween supercharger and block had a split in it.

Picked my car up and it ran great, AFTER I had to go buy a clamp and install it on the elbow from the supercharger that goes into the intake manifold. Go figure. Now after the car is warm, and I turn it off for an hour or so, when I restart it it has a hell of a rattle, idles at a low RPM and rough.

I took the car back in and they said that it is the A/C compressor going out. A/C works great. When the car does this I can turn A/C on or off it makes no difference. Rev the car up a little and the noise stops, then the car idles and runs perfect. Any ideas? On most cars the RPM do change some when you switch the A/C compressor on and off. Do Mercedes? Mine does NOT. Is there an easy way to up the idle a couple of hundred RPM's?

HELP!!!! I spent $1800.00 on it to get repaired prior to making the first payment!![:'(]

Other than that I absolutely love this car, and I've owned many many cars.