Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Electrical Problems with 2006 C230 sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Default Electrical Problems with 2006 C230 sport

Ok So I am having some serious issues with my C230 sport 2006. Whenever I go to start the car the car will start but none of the electrical will work inside besides the radio. No power windows, ac/heater/defrost, no moonroof(occassionally this works), no windshield wipers, no turn signals(my hazzards work though ) and nothing on the Dash works besides the main computer or whatever its called that shows what time it is and how many miles I have. so therefore My speedometer and rpm gauge and fuel guages do not work. This is very frustrating. sometimes after I have been driving the car for a while I can turn the engine off and then turn it one and everything will work fine and then I will get the error message ESP unavailable and then my check engine light will come on. Other times I get no error messages and she runs just fine. I have taken it to Auto zone and their diagnostic reader says code read error. Has anyone ran into this problem before or know what is causing this... Oh and I had a friend tell me that they thought it could be my battery so I went and got a new battery and I am still having these problems. I am trying to save my money if this is something that I can replace or fix myself... Oh also when I turn it off the Radio stays on and to turn it off I either have to power it off manually or turn the key to position 3 and let the main electrical system come on(but then the it dies after a second) then I turn the key back to position 1 and take it out... Very weird electrical problems.