Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

The DANGERS of buying USED wheels! *A MUST READ!*

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:35 PM
Exclamation The DANGERS of buying USED wheels! *A MUST READ!*

So I am driving along the road and I hear a very odd grinding noise. I pulled over and 2 of my spokes on my Kineses f110 wheel are cracked all the way through the spokes! I was amazed as I thought these were bullet proof strong wheels! So I have the car flat bedded away to a near by shop. The tire guy comes back to me and says that they have been welded up recently! I just bought these a month ago from a well known forum member on here that told me they were "just re-painted because of some minor scratches." I am pretty pissed at this point for not only being f*cked over for buying welded up wheels but this could have killed myself or others on the road!!! Imagine if I was driving the car hard and it busted completely!

The seller who I will refrain from mentioning names tells me to contact the place were HE bought them from and maybe they can get me a credit or something. He bought them as "refinished wheels" turns out the wheel company (HUGE IN THE MERCEDES MARKET) welded them up prior to selling to him! He then knowingly sold them to myself w/o letting me know they were already welded up 2X by the "reputable" wheel company! Hopefully know one else on here bought wheels from them!

THESE WERE PREVIOUSLY REPAIRED (WELDED TOGETHER) WHEELS* THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KINESIS WHEEL QUALITY (I found out after purchasing them).

Name:  photo59.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  57.5 KB

You can see the welds that were sanded down and painted over:

Name:  photo62.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  49.6 KB

Please guys, if you are thinking of buying used wheels, even from a "reputable shop" make sure to check them out!!!

Last edited by seattlebenz01; 03-24-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 PM

The wheels were sold to me as refinished (because of scratches in the lip/ and clear coat peeling per seller). They were shipped to me directly from a Wheel Vendor. I called the vendor to make sure their was no structure damage or welding and was told NO. Being that this wheel vendor had a very good reputation on this board I wouldnt think twice about purchasing from them. I never would even think they would sell some wheels that shouldnt have been re-welded in the first place. Yet alone being welded twice and then released back on the market! Selling wheels like this to put on a car that is capable of 200+ mph is ok?

If I were to have know they were welded I would have not purchased them. I also had a wheel shop install them for me and they did not mention any damage at the time.

Last edited by seattlebenz01; 03-24-2011 at 10:05 PM.