Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Check light Sensor warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Default Check light Sensor warning

Hi,
i have a C320 (2002 model) with 54000 miles. The car conditionis very good.I am facing the following problem.

1) i see a warning saying "check light sensor visit workshop". This error message show up after time to time.
2) Battery gets drained after few hours
3) i hear some noise coming (like a fan) when i switch the engine off.
4) there is a small jerk when i change gears for eg. when i switch from parking to Drive or Reverse.
5) new issue is that car is not accelerating, it doesnt go above 30mph. The rpm value (in rpm meter) increase a lot but the relative increase in speed is not proportional. It looks like the automatic gear is not shifting to 3rd from 2nd. (thats why the rpm meter is increasing)

Please help/advice.

Thanks,
Harry

Old 01-30-2008, 01:39 PM
Default RE: Check light Sensor warning

harvinder25,
Regarding #1, 2 problems you mentioned. I would have the battery checked first to see if its still good. My battery was slowly dieing (wasn't holding a charge)and when I started my car, the voltage would drop enoughto set off the"lightsensorvisit workshop" message to show up. Don't ask me why, but it did.
Only when I started my car in the morning whenit sat overnight. After drivingto work(20 minutes), then restarting the car, the message would be gone and no malfunctions showing. Driving that short distance was enough to charge the battery.
After replacing the battery the message never appeared again.

I read on another forum, someone replacing the battery resolved their erratic transmission shifting problem. There seems to be a lot of electronic control modules in the transmissions these days.
Could also be your control modulesfor your power seats draining your battery.
Hope you get the problems solved. Let us know what happens. Good Luck.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:44 PM

The transmission got fixed by changing a valve (related to transmission). there were like 6 valves and one was short. SO that solves the transmission issue.

Regarding the battry, the radio unit of the car is the problem. The mecanic (local mecanic) says the radio unit needs to get fixed. Somthing is short in the radio unit and is drawing power even when the car is turned off. The radio unit contains GPS, Radio, and a CD unit that takes the CD for the navigation. To buy a new radio unit..its like around $1800 and to get it fixed it will be around $800. I am getting ripped...I dont know even after fixing the radio unit..the problem will be over. I am still deciding what to do.Any ideas, suggestions? plz help.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:49 PM

if i was you, i would research how to take out the radio unit myself and see if that fixes the problem,

good luck man

Old 02-02-2008, 02:58 PM

Actually the radio unit inside the Command Unit is broken and it needs to get fixed. Any idea from where i can get it fixed for cheap. I am located in chicago, USA.

Thanks,
Harry

Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 AM

Harvinder
I started gettingthe same warning message at the weekend on my MB C class 2003 model. I am going to put in a new battery (which has been cranking the engine slowly recently) and see if that works. Others on this forum suggest it might.
The radio should be taking a small charge even when the ignition is off, as it is conected to the car alarm system (and a light flashes when the car is parked).
The whirring noise when you turn off the ignition is likely to be the flaps of the heating and ventilation system reverting to their default positions on shut-down, and I doubt it is anything for you to be concerned about.
Hope this helps
Jonathan