Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Certified C-Class advice wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Default Certified C-Class advice wanted

Hey there everybody!
In July 2006, I traded my 1997 E320 in for a brand new 2006 Volvo S40. Although I loved my Benz and the dealer who serviced it, I felt as though it was getting a little long in the tooth, feared the future inconvienience of breakdowns, and thus felt it was time for a brand new car. No pre-owned, nothing used. The S40 was, for me, a great compromise (European, Brand New, stylish, economical in both ownership and in MPG, and safe). Now, after ten months of ownership I am completly and utterly exhausted from issues I have had with the car. In ten months it has been in the shop 7 times. Twice for a serious issue with the paseenger air bag sesor cutting off protection for adult drivers. Passenger seat belt broken. Marker light falling off the driver side mirror hanging by the wires. Carpet falling off in the trunk. Passenger window falling off track. CD changer inoperative. Two recall repairs already. That, topped off w/ poor dealer service (greasy footprint on the carpet TWICE!!), car not washed, loaner break downs (yes, it was an S40 loaner), having to call 3-4 times t oget an appointment). I've had it!!! I miss my Benz, and I miss my dealer. Financially, I am in a good spot with the S40. I know trading it in I will loose a bit, but life is too short to be unhappy w/ a lemon. I am looking at purchasing a 2004-2006 C230, C240, or C320. Any advice? I will only look at certified vehicles, and actually feel like I will be ahead of the game warranty wise (my Volvo warranty is for 4/50, where as the CPO Mercedes-Benz warranty will include all of the remaining factory warranty plus the additional CPO). I know these cars are not perfect... but w/ the excellent dealer service I have here (Tysinger Mercedes-Benz in Hampton, Virginia) I will at least get the service and attention I do not get from Volvo. Any advice would be well appreciated.
Spence