Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Car Phone and Radio Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 10:00 AM
Default Car Phone and Radio Issue

HI
Today when trying to make a call form my steering wheel , "nokia 6310i" in centre console with MB car phone kit. I could not here the person on the other side.
I then put the tried to scroll back to the radio , nothing ... cant switch teh radio on anymore , and when I go to the phone menu all I get it 3 long lines.
I have taken the phone out , switched teh car off , put it on again , nothing , how do I reset the phone and the radio ? or get it working again ?

Old 08-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Default RE: Car Phone and Radio Issue

From what I gather, your car is still under warranty?. get your dealer to fix this. Have your other previously posted problems looked at too and post the results. If you are unable to get your car booked in, have a qualified person disconnect your battery for about 30 seconds. This should overcome the problem for a while. You will lose your clock, window and sunroof settings and they will need to be retaught. your radio will hopefully not lose its code if only disconnected for this length of time, but I strongly recommend that you do not do the disconnection by yourself. It can be hazardous!!!

Old 08-20-2005, 09:50 AM

Ok , i am thinking about another aproach , can anyone tell me where I can find the fuse for the radio ? , maybe it is just a blown fuse ? the car is going in on Monday , but hopfully I can sort it out beofre then.
thanks

Old 08-20-2005, 11:29 AM

Checked the Fuses 3/10 , and a few others as I went along , no fuses blown. Still no idea why the radio is dead. thing the phone could of killed it.
I went through my motions again ...
this is what I did.
Phoned a number using the phones keypad, pushed call. reached foward and switched radio off .... from then nothing ... all dead.could not switch the radio on.
mmmm, maybe a phone fuse ?
let me check for that.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:22 PM

I just bought a new C180 Sports Coupe 2 days ago and got the Sony Ericsson k700i Cradle for it. It hasn't been the best. I had to cut the plastic from the base of the phone to get it to fit in the cradle. I also noticed that the socket the cradle plugs into is firmly clicked down but when I attatch the cradle it becomes loose?? When I click the phone in there is a slow response time it eventually comes up.

Making Call issue:
With the Sony Ericsson k700i you can add a number of different numbers under each contact ie John Doe - Mobile - Home - Work etc... The display doesn't differentiate which number is which.

Intermittent problem when making calls --- I can't hear dialing, or the B-Party. The B-Party can hear me but I can't hear them - the Radio/Stereo Mutes -- but no sound complete silence. Happens sometimes.

Recieving Call issue:After making an outgoing call and finishing that call the car kit/phone seems to fail to respond to any incoming calls for about 15 mins. It just goes straight to my msgbk and the phone doesn't even register that I have had a call. Or I get the phone ringing but the CLI doesn't appear just the number and there is no response to the answer button on the steering wheel or centre console --- the phone rings out.

The phone also appears to turn itself off in the car kit -- it powercycles and prompts me for my sim pin every so often. The strange thing is the phone doesn't appear to be asking for the pin --- or it by passes this automatically. I've since disabled the sim pin lock request but still getting the other problems.

Outside the car kit the phone is completely functional -- I'm rather disappointed because I purchased the phone on advice provided by the Mercedes Dealership - as this was listed as a "compatible" phone. I guess I'll find out whether it's a "supported" phone soon enough.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:22 AM

Ok fixed it. Took out fuse 64 to check if it was blown , was fine , put it back and everything works again, thing taking the fuse out is like disconnecting the battery for that device, this works like a charm now.