Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C300 Rim Damage

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 AM
Default C300 Rim Damage

I've been having some issues with my rims. I had one tire that needed to be replaced, because the rim was cracked and I've had two rims that needed to be straightened out, because they were bent. I'm having this problem again, which leads me to question the overall quality of the rims. I do live in an area where the roads contain a lot of potholes from previous winters, but I've never had this problem before with any of my other vehicles. What could be the overall problem??

Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 AM

Are they stock rims or aftermarket?? Rims don't just bend themselves and they usually take some kind of impact to bend. If your having rims bend and crack then Im guessing your impacting them somehow.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyRaggs
Are they stock rims or aftermarket?? Rims don't just bend themselves and they usually take some kind of impact to bend. If your having rims bend and crack then Im guessing your impacting them somehow.
Stock rims. I live in an area with a lot of road damage and pot holes, resulting from this past winter. That is the only real explanation that I can come up with concerning this constant damage .. and I have no warranty on my tires. What should I do about this issue, since it keeps happening, especially with having no tire warranty?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:45 AM

About the only thing you can do is move to where there is no road damage. Or drive really really slow. Other then that......

Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyRaggs
About the only thing you can do is move to where there is no road damage. Or drive really really slow. Other then that......
Right. I'll be looking into taking the train to work. City streets are awful ... thank you!

Old 09-04-2021, 01:33 PM
Default Rim damage C300 we have had to change a wheel after 2000 miles!!!!

We have a mercedes C300 had brake judder car had done less that 1500 from new never hit large holes to find the wheel was bent !!!!!!
I have driven many years never had a bent wheel ever after a difficult discussions with the dealer we came to an arrangement the wheel disc and coupling was changed wheel ok
We have just driven to the south coast because thats what you do with a car on the way back the judder is returning therefore these spoke wheels are not fit for purpose you can't blade the roads the car needs to be fit for purpose it will be going back and we want different wheels fitting that don't bend what a joke quality worse car we have had for wheel issue's