Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C300 LED Tail Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Default C300 LED Tail Lights

So I'm thinking about getting LED tail lights for my 2008 C300. Just wanted to know if anyone else has installed these and if they had any trouble with them or did everything go ok? I was wondering if I would get any error messages that would pop up in the message center if I installed these. Also, if I installed these, would I still get the burnt out light bulb message if one of the LED's burns out?

These are supposed to be "plug and play".

Also, if you had a good experience with them, could you let me know where you bought them?

I'm looking at some on E-Bay for around $275.00.

Thanks,
John

Old 07-28-2010, 04:54 PM

i actually have been dealing with an issue on on 08 c class. the car was traded in with 1 LED taillight and 1 bulb taillight, most of the C classes ive seen have regular bulbs. but this model came with LED and someone put in a regular bulb tailight and the light out indicator is on. so you will get a malfunction on the cluster. the taillight did have no problem mounting and the plug was the same but the problem was...the wrong bulbs were lit up for the turn signals and taillights.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:06 PM

Thanks for your input.

So from what I read in your post, the car came with LED tail lights and someone removed one of the LED tail light assemblys and put in a regular bulb tail light assembly.

Why would someone even do that? Why would you want to go from LED to regular bulb? What an idiot (the person who traded the car I mean, not you...lol).

I can kind of see why there would be an error message with one LED assembly and one bulb assembly.

The place that I am thinking of buying from says that their product will not cause an error message.

I'd still like to know if anyone has successfully switched from regular bulb to LED?

Thanks,
John

Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM

i think what happened was the car was actually a loaner vehicle and at somepoint it got damaged and the customer tried to fix it and order one themselves. im assuming they ordered it online since the dealer would have caught this problem when installing the light. the leds require less voltage than a bulb so not sure what the outcome would be as far as a message in the cluster.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:07 AM

John,

I'd like to suggest not screwing with the lights.

If this was a Buick, I'd say have at it. These Mercedes are tempermental and it doesn't take much for something to go wrong. Besides, the taillights are pretty bright. Driving down the interstate at night, I can see the red light reflecting off of the road behind me. They've got to be pretty bright to be doing that.