Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C250 diesel estate windows/mirrors etc intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Default C250 diesel estate windows/mirrors etc intermittent

My C250 has a major problem. Every day is a surprise. Every day either the windows are working or not and sometimes some work and others dont. The interior light is not working although the bulb is fine and the radio also is intermittent. If I fiddle with the fuses, some things work again and then it all goes haywire again. Anybody had a problem like this. I am leaning towards something being faulty in the fuse box and will check it out tomorrow but any advice/help gladly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:36 AM

Just to update, the central locking is not working, the interior lights not working and the passenger front window or mirror not working. Also the gearbox seems to be slipping which I know is something else completely. Will get the trans oil checked from dealer. Any help on electrics welcome.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:36 AM

UPDATE,
Removed the passenger carpet and unbolted metal grid which had a control unit on it. This unit was covered in some sort of oil but dont know where from. Anyway, disconnected battery and then control unit, wiped oil off control unit and fitted new radio. Reconnected battery and everything is working...Whats going on? is the unit under the carpet the Comfort module?

Old 12-24-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by gkm24
My C250 has a major problem. Every day is a surprise. Every day either the windows are working or not and sometimes some work and others dont. The interior light is not working although the bulb is fine and the radio also is intermittent. If I fiddle with the fuses, some things work again and then it all goes haywire again. Anybody had a problem like this. I am leaning towards something being faulty in the fuse box and will check it out tomorrow but any advice/help gladly appreciated.
hi there guys. my first post. i have a 97 c250 w202. i,m having the same problem as the op,s post above. started with the central locking ,heated rear window and dome light in the back. then the battery would drain before the morning and like you said some windows work one day and not the next day. and something else would stop working.whats the box under the pannel in the passenger side called? is it safe to unplug it to clean it? many thanks guys