Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

c240 big piece of MER****YS BENZ

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Default RE: c240 big piece of MER****YS BENZ

or any day between given mercedes recent quality issues

Old 12-05-2005, 11:43 AM

As my Grand Father would Say.

" Ich denke Sie, mit dem Zitrone-Gesetz in Ihrem Staaten Schach bieten. Finden Sie einen Deutscher, arbeiten auf dem Auto und ich ist sicher Sie werden fröhlich sein. Der Händler benutzt hiesigen [greese]-[monkies], und sie schrauben aufwärts Ihr Auto. "

Or
I think you should check with the lemon law in your state. Find a German to work on the car and I am sure you will be happy. The dealer is using local greese monkies and they are screwing up your car.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:57 AM

I dunno. I don't think Lemon Laws cover used cars, do they?

My g-dad would say, "Das ****y benz der uber poopin."

Old 12-05-2005, 01:40 PM

I like the late 80's 500-560's and 96-97 c280 You would have to do some research on a used car to see if it had the same repair to many times and what your state laws are. check out
Lemons

Wenn mein Großvater hatte seinen Weg, damit wir würden, aller spricht deutsche!
(If my Grandfather had his way we would all be speaking German) He passed away about 30 years ago, he was 84 or so (never knew his birthday) rolled his own cigarettes drank a beer every day and was disabled for most of his life due to Mustard Gas poisoning. (The wind blew it back on them) But who knew ? I think he said he was in his late teens when the war started He moved to the US before WWII because after the war he had no family left and didn't like what was going on around him. He worked for a VW importer when the bug first hit the states.

He would always say.

Deutschland hat immer dem Beste mechanische Teile gemacht, und die Benzin-Motoren waren der Beste in der Welt !(Germany always made the best mechanical parts and the gasoline motors were the best in the world)
It's the options that kill the car You can still get a working VW motor or bug that will run great and a great Mercedes Benz.

Old 12-05-2005, 05:27 PM

I would also like to know what is going on with your car? Can you explain the problems to us?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:07 PM

I can be on the freeway doing 80-90 mph with no problem and get off the freeway and have to stop at a light, then the car doesn't want to shift gears. It will not get out of 1st or 2nd gear. The dealer orginally told me they were trying to get mercedes to replace the whole transmission, they have just decided to replace the valve body. My brother in law is a mechanic (not familiar with MB's) but he told me that they should replace the whole transmission. I call the dealer everyday to check on it since they never call to update me. Who would I write a letter to at MB?

Old 12-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

it don't need the whole transmission.

just the valve body with matching control module would fix the problem.

just keep on pushing the dealer. it takes 3 weeks for the parts to get so maybe they are still waiting for it.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:29 AM

the new 7 gear automatic transmission seems to be problematic, I heard a few more problems about it form other people too.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:53 PM

I'd write to :
Mr. Klaus Ulkann, VP Customer Service
Mercedes-Benz USA
3 Paragon Drive
Montvale, NJ 07645

I wouldn't spend any time in the letter on a rant about Mercedes-Benz. Instead present them with a problem they can fix.
As I say, MB's corporate culture is focused on quality control, so it is logical they will want to remedy quality issuses quickly before they continue to fester in consumers minds.
I'd write about the high expectations you had for the car and your disappointment at quality proplems. Detail the quality issues and what, in your opinioin, they need to do to fix the problem to your satisfaction. In other words, it should be a strong letter with detailed information and a suggested remedy- but not a letter full of threats- at least not yet.

I did this with a Ford product, and got red carpet treatment from the dealership. Ultimatley, this is what you want. You want MBUSA to get in touch with your dealer and let them know they need to do whatever is necessary to address and fix your concerns.

Good luck.

BTW, as far as I know, Klaus Ulkann is still at that position, but it should get directed to the right person if he is no longer with MB

Also, this is and interesting read regarding MB and quality.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Thanks for the info. I am just so disappointed in the car. And the dealer told me it was fixed once before. I just don't want it happening again. The car was brand new when I bought it. The lemon law in my state gives the dealer 3 times to fix the problem, after the 3rd time if they don't fix it you have to send them a certified letter telling them you want the car fixed. The dealer then has 10 days the repair the car. If they can't repair it they then have to replace the car or refund my money.

Quick Reply: c240 big piece of MER****YS BENZ