Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C230 sedan needs new windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: C230 sedan needs new windshield

maybe just his own opinion. many times i am wrong too and i acknowledge them.

i didn't know that the insurance varies from state to state in there. in here, it always depends on how close you are to the insurance people (under the table), and nature of how the glass was broken.

Old 06-19-2005, 01:07 PM

I don't mind someone sharing his opinion. No problem there at all. But, he's not giving his opinion. He's intentionally lying and then pretending it's fact just so he can tell me I'm wrong. He does this all the time, not just in this thread and not just to me.

He openly spreads misinformation and then refuses to be corrected. He rarely defends his claims with more than a lie or by saying his friend or neighbor said it or did it, so it must be true and we must, therefore, believe him. That's the way he operates. We all used to debate like that during elementary school, but he hasn't outgrown the practice yet. His growth has been retarded somehow.

Old 06-27-2005, 06:02 PM

Has anybody answered your original question?

Old 06-27-2005, 06:24 PM

Nope, the original question (recommendations for shops in the Bay area) remains unanswered.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:55 PM

FWIW, there is no deductable on glass in Massachusetts. I do not know how long it has been that way, nor how it got to be that way. I just know that it is. There is a deductable on all other aspects of the comprehensive. If anybody needs confirmation, a simple web search will turn up a number of sites of Massachustts agencies that will confirm this.

I cannot help with shops in the Bay area. But my experience on buying non insured windshields is that the glass companies can be real competative. I would guess that something like a couple of hundred bucks would do it.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:58 PM

I have had my C240 windshield changed. State Farm tried to give me an aftermarked windshield that was not OEM. I objected and had them pay for the OEM. Paid my $100 comprehensive deductible.

The company that did it sent someone to my office parking. I watched the guy make the swap every step of the way, which I highly recommend. There are ties that hold the trim over the ceiling that should all still be there when it's put back together. I was missing a couple at first and had the guy bring them back later.

There are also black dots all around the windshield that I used as a visual reference from inside the car to make sure the windshiled was really centered. It was flagrantly pushed to one side which I objected to. The guy then begrugingly centered it properly before glueing it on. Needless to say, they don't like you to watch...

Old 06-29-2005, 11:57 PM

Not true. Read #6 in the FAQ.

MA Insurance FAQ

Old 06-30-2005, 01:29 AM

Lugnut refers to:

6) AN OBJECT DAMAGED MY WINDSHIELD AND I AM UNABLE TO DETERMINE WHERE IT CAME FROM. AM I COVERED FOR THIS LOSS?

Yes, if you have comprehensive insurance you are covered for the full amount of the loss, unless you opted for a $100 deductible for glass breakage. The $300, $500, or $1000 deductible, or whatever you may have selected for comprehensive coverage, does not apply to a glass loss.

C240AWD replies:

Who is stupid enough to do that. Agents do not know enough to even offer that option. Lugnut can win the technical battle. I win the war, many many windshields in the past decades, never a penny out of pocket. I would be astonished if that option even exists today, but who cares?

Old 06-30-2005, 01:49 AM

You're just another run-of-the-mill moron, to put it mildly. If you don't care about this, then STFU. Why are you making an *** of yourself by opening your poop shoot?

Persons opt for the deductible to reduce their premium. They do this for collision coverage as well as comprehensive. That's what deductibles are for. If the idiot agent you chose and trust doesn't know that, then you have a moron for an agent. A $100 deductible won't financially ruin most people for a windshield that MAY break. Over time, a reduced premium will result in more than a $100 savings and may cover a windshield. You have to be stupid not to realize that.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:42 AM

So Mr. toilet mouth Lugnut, would you care to call me names to my face. I garantee that if you do, you will be wishing you had no deductable on your medical insurance.

It is hard to understand your quest. The savings to choose a glass deductable are minuscule, but I suppose you know it all about that too.

I would strongly advise that anybody reading this and needing insurance coverage in Massachusetts ignore Mr. foul mouth Lugnut, and rely instead on your local insurance agent.

Quick Reply: C230 sedan needs new windshield