Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C230 2002 Secondary Air Injection

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Default 2002 C230K Coupe- P0410- Hope this helps

Hello CGM1943,

I also have a 2002 C230 Kompressor Coupe, and though the forum may say you should check these items they are not in respect to the 2002 model

1)Your car does not have a seperate air pump as it is the function of the supercharger

2)Your car does not have a relay for the secoundary air system (2003 + years I believe, but I'm not 100% sure)

3) Someone in the forum has created a checklist document of items to review for this error. It also has pictures of the items(diverter valve, check valve, etc in the document, I would first search the forum for the document. If I find it I will post the link.

4) There is a type of PCV Valve in the 2002 that can get clogged and may require changing. I changed mine out but the MB techs I talked to kept telling there is no PCV type Valve for this car. Believe me there is. Costs about ($45). You can investigate this further if the document does not resolve your problem. This one is a pain in the *** to get to.

I was troubled for quite sometime with the P0410 error. 99% of the time you may need to have the check valve replaced.

I changed my check valve and I still got the same error. However, my issue was resolved when my mechanic pointed out that the intercooler hose was not securely connected to the supercharger. He just fastened it and the error has not come back.

The check valve($80) is a one way valve and can get dirty and rusty over time. I did need to change mine anyway as it was heavily rusted.

Sometimes you may have mechanic's even MB mechanic's say you need to replace the supercharger(highly unlikely). Try the stuff in the document when you find it.

Hope this helps

thanks

Max

Old 04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Default 2002 C230 Kompressor P0140

MAX,

Thank you for the notes. This code is driving me insane P0140. No literally. Can anyone help me with this problem. OK so this is what I have done so far.

I have a 2.3L 2o02 kompressor
- I changed the front o2 sensor and that didn't resolve the check engine light. I drove my car for 2 days and it came back on.
- Changed the air filter - that didn't work
- cleaned the intake service - that didn't help
OK so here is the question Max - i purchased the new check valve part from MB and I couldn't install this for the life of me. I just spent 10Hours trying to get the old one off - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me. I have read that its a 27mm crowfoot wrench - which no one seems to have at all so I cut down a 27mm jet wrench to try and get it off and it seemed that it just would not fit at all. I tried wd40 on it to loosens it. NOPE nothing. Tried heating it NO nothing. I just can't get my old one off and yes it was rusty inside just as people had described. I also tried grabbing the top of it with lock pliers and then turning the lock pliers - I nearly damaged the top and ripped it off. WOW was i ever frustrated.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME - HOW DO YOU GET THE CHECK VALVE OFF OF MY CAR its located in the back of the engine and its a bitch to get off. NO I MEAN ITS BRUTAL - you have no spanner room to take it off at all. Can someone post pics or a link to pics on how to take it off. I will pay someone - I just can't get this thing off at all HELLLLP.

Rory or e-mail me rorymcmillan88@gmail.com located in vancouver bc

Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Exclamation p0401 secondary air injection 02 c230

After reading through a LOT of posts about this error code I decided to try and replace the check valve (air injection) on my 02 c230 coupe. Dealerships were giving me part prices of anything from $75 to $120 so I said screw that and removed the check valve myself (VERY EASY with 10mm socket and pliers!).

After testing the valve by oral vacuum (lol aka my mouth) turns out the thing was clogged and would not open under any amount of sucking on the inlet/outlet for the smallest air tube. Sprayed some carb shoke cleaner into it and kept working it until it finally popped open. Then I let all my saliva/cleaner drip out before reinstalling exactly as i removed it. Besides a bitch of a time with the hose clamp it saved me the trip to the dealership all together. i know this code can be many many other issues but i figured i'd throw my two cents in.

Cleared the code and over 250 miles later still no engine light. I am concerned about all the S/C power loss issues im reading about but I can't really tell if i'm suffering from this or not (car still pulls fine up hill with four people in the car) also get the WIS dvd manual because it will save you countless hours and dollars. Love the car, hate the dealers and mechanics.

Attached Thumbnails  C230 2002 Secondary Air Injection-check_valve_wissmall.jpg  

Last edited by ncp3708; 04-08-2012 at 10:33 AM.