Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

C220 power windows problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Default C220 power windows problem

I have a MB C220, the driver side window suddenly stopped working, it only goes down !! I checked the fuses which are OK, I'm trying to fix the problem myself, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Default RE: C220 power windows problem

Hi Kefasus. If the window will go down but not up that suggests a faulty switch or a broken wire. You could start by connecting a jump wire with 12 volts directly to the connectors on the window motor to see if it'll work both ways,both to eliminate the motor, and to see if the switch/broken wire hypothesis is correct. Then depending on the jump wire test you could proceed to test the wires and the switch, and replace/repair as needed.

Good luck

Old 09-07-2008, 11:01 PM

I have same problem, C240 (2002) , non driver side front window. Tried Driver side and and non driver side switch, both dont work, Makes clicked sound.

Windows goes down, but not up. Tried to use remote to close ... still does not ... kept it trying atleast 500 times and it went up once. Now by mistake it came down one day ... habit of opening window ... now again stuck down

Anyone help .. what is the problem motor ? switch ? regulator ?

Please help !!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 PM

I bought the motor, struggled and struggled and opened the door panel, struggle and struggled and open the window motor somehow ... now I replaced it with new motor but still the same ... no change .. windows does not go up.

I hear the clicking sound when i press the switch to close window ... If I press down button ... motor rolls .... If I keep trying then 1 in 500 times windows closes .... so this means it is not the fuse ... Right ?

Any idea what else can it be ? Please someone help .... sleepwalker ... 280 wizard ... someone ... please help !!!!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 AM

The problem is faulty switch.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:11 AM

You mean the switch on the door, but if it is the switch then either driver side or passenger side should work, Atleast one of them shud work. Both dont ...

While replacing motor, I disconnected the motor from the window and kept it on floor, now when i press up/down button, motor rolls only to one side , not to other ... so for sure it has nothing to with motor and window mechanism of wires (regulator) ... either it is the control module or a fuse ... do you know where are the fuses for this ... or any idea what else it can be ? Please please please help

Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM

Throwing this out there, if u have auto upthen only press switch to first detent (or lightly press down) if this works, then you need to sincernise window.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:20 PM

No window does not move up at all ... it does move one in thousand times .... by sycronising you mean hold the switch at its position for some time and then release ... yeah I did that ... nothing happens ...

Old 10-08-2008, 12:38 PM

"but if it is the switch then either driver side or passenger side should work, Atleast one of them shud work. Both dont ... "

The drivers window switch works through the other switch / if the passenger side switch is the issue then it would cause the window not to work from either switch. Thats why you can inhibit passengers from operating there windows by pressing the drivers window lock out button. I would really look at the passenger switch.Do a continutiy test on switchto rule it out.If the motor moves in one direction then the motor is fine. It is either a wire issue or a switch.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:57 PM

I dont think it is the switch. Coz I disconnected the passenger side switch already (reason being any third person who used to sit use to press it moment he/she drops in) and then I used to spend 5 hours clicking it back up.

And this has been like this for abt 3-4 weeks now. And from the driver side I am still able to lower the window and bring it up (1 in 1000 times) .... unless it is other way round that driver switch is master switch and passenger side switch send signal to driver switch to lower/up the window. And driver switch is faulty ....

Any ideas ??? please help .. I want to get rid of this issue asap ... it is bothering a lot ...

Quick Reply: C220 power windows problem