Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Battery draining out overnite.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Default Battery draining out overnite.

HI, I have a Mercedes 2001 C200 Komp. My problems started a few weeks ago when In the morning the car wouldn't start, i dint use the car for 2 days, so jump started the car and was fine till the next morning the battery totally dead. I replaced the battery thinking the battery life's over but the same problem even with a new battery!
Can anyone please advise on possible cause of the problem.

Thanking you in advance
Hash

harsheel@hotmail.com

Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gibbs
HI, I have a Mercedes 2001 C200 Komp. My problems started a few weeks ago when In the morning the car wouldn't start, i dint use the car for 2 days, so jump started the car and was fine till the next morning the battery totally dead. I replaced the battery thinking the battery life's over but the same problem even with a new battery!
Can anyone please advise on possible cause of the problem.

Thanking you in advance
Hash

harsheel@hotmail.com
Hi,
Check front seats modules,is the most common problem for batt.draining,to
our model.

Gus

PS:Take extremely care when you disconnect /charge/replace the batt. in a w203 .

Last edited by gusvlachos; 05-27-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 AM

Hello Gusvlachos, thanks for ur help kindly guide me, when u say front seats modules meaning under the seat?? how do i solve the problem?

Old 05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gibbs
Hello Gusvlachos, thanks for ur help kindly guide me, when u say front seats modules meaning under the seat?? how do i solve the problem?
Exactly, these with 3pin connectors under the seats,avoid to remove any yellow connection are for SRS!!
Unplug driver's first and check if that solves your problem ,then passenger's side.
Also you can cancel seat modules, from fuses 27(driver),38(passenger)in the cockpit, driver's side fuse box.
If batt. draining percist,we have to check other modules(doors,ignition..)
but , i hope are seats module.
Did you got the e-mail?

Last edited by gusvlachos; 05-27-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Smile battery draw

Had similar problem on C320, 2001 a couple of months ago. Unplugged & plugged back the seat modules under the front seats ..... not sure if they were the problem or if that simple gesture fixed anything. Dealer wanted $150 just to tell me that they would need to analyze further (not incl. parts, modules, etc.). Simple meter reading, with car off, he said there was a draw of 190 milliamps (should only be less than 100 milliamps). Doubted that 190 milliamps could drain battery so fast but I guess possible with a Benz. For insurance, for $50, bought an instant power source (Schumacher IP75) instant charger (500 crankamp) & leave it charged in car when on long trips, in case the battery does go. So far have never needed it (knock on wood), car has always started since, but then have driven it most days. Usually only happens when left idle more than several days. I think the manual also says something about needing to drive the car so that battery drains do not cause problems.

You could also unplug a battery terminal & attach a meter across the open terminal with engine off to see if there is a draw & then unplug / plug modules to check any draw & to see if that may be the problem. Am planning to do that one of these days if it happens again. But draw could come from several locations (eq. alarm, short somewhere, etc.). Check also the battery cells (distilled water level) & with hygrometer if in good condition .

If I find out will let you know.