Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

ABS/Stability Control Light AND Check Engine/Malfunction Code Fixes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Thumbs up ABS/Stability Control Light AND Check Engine/Malfunction Code Fixes

Hi All.

thanks to some help here and there (w116 . org - the best MB enthusiast group on the planet next to this one btw)

I have repaired my stability control/abs warning light problem and my secondary air/MAF code.

No parts required

1. Check all hoses and wires to the ABS pump located on the driver's side toward the headlight bucket. Pay close attention to the wire that is tied to the fenderwell and terminates in a small black rectangular plug with a chrome snap-to-close connecter. It has one wire and when you remove it, you'll see (on my 99 anyway) either a red or a green gasket and two connections. inspect and clean thoroughly, then gently jiggle the wire from the wire tie to get more slack....then click it on. The wire snap safety clip MUST be fully flush with the black plug.

mine was slightly unsnapped and the wire shrinkage was pulling it apart.

2. Re the maf sensor - I repaired mine (chronic check engine light) by re-rotating the maf to horizontal - the black tube that connects it to the throttle body gets loose as a goose over time. I then used 1.5" black electrical tape to tape the compression fit connection where the large black tube joins together right by the sensor.

I had air loss - and the loss of horizontal orientation was causing falsing by the sensor.

Hope this helps.

John H Indiana