Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

2001 C240 - Service B....

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008 | 12:08 AM
Default 2001 C240 - Service B....

Been doing some searching, sorry Im on the road the last couple days.. BTW the C240 handles like a dream car.

Anywho I am wondering if the Service B Checklist is in the digital Repair Manual for the car? I found one online, but I'd like to double check with a reliable source so I don't miss anything. In fact the reason Im asking is that I looked throught the list and didnt find anything about replacing the A/T Pan Seal & Filter or the Valve Cover seals, however on the Getcoolparts.com website they list those parts under the Major Service page for parts.

Thanks for the help in advance.

This is what I found on a website:

Procedures to be perform
during every B - Service
[ul][*] Engine Compartment[*] Replace air filter (SL model excluded)[*] Replace combination filter (SL model only)[*] Replace engine oil (synthetic oil, mobile 1)[*] Replace engine oil filter [*] Replace windshield wiper rubber insert(s)[*] Replace windshield washer solvent[*] Interior [*] Check horn, headlamp flasher, hazard flasher, turn signals [*] Check warning and indicator lamps, symbol lighting and interior lighting[*] Check exterior lighting, incl. headlamps [*] Check windshield washer systems, where applicable: rear window wiper, rear window washer system [*]Check headlamp cleaning system [*]Check seat belts for damage and proper function [*]Reset FSS counter in instrument cluster [*]Check battery [*]Check fluid levels, correct if necessary [*]Check engine cooling system, antifreeze and corrosion protection [*]Check level controls, ADS (E-Class: wagon only)[*]Check brake system [*]Check power steering [*]Check windshield washer system[*]Check poly-V-belt (engine): check for condition[*]Underside of vehicle [*]Check leakage-Major components [*]Chafe marks, line routing, components [*]In the event of leakage, determine cause and perform repair via separate work order [*]Check condition of front axle ball joints and rubber boots[*]Check condition of steering mechanical components and rubber boots [*]Check tightening torque of power steering damper hydraulic line fitting
(S-Class: applies to chassis end number 000668 to 137742)
(CL: applies to chassis end number 000652 to 007954)
[*]Wheels, brakes [*]Remove and reinstall wheels, rotate if necessary [*]Except vehicles with different tire sizes front / rear [*]Check brake pads for lining thickness front/ rear [*]Check condition of brake discs front/ rear[*]Check tires for damage and condition [*]Correct tire inflation pressure [/ul] Body [ul][*]Check headlamp aiming, adjust if necessary [*]Inspect condition of wiper blade for rear window (E-Class: wagon only) [/ul] Trunk [ul][*]Check and correct fluid level [*]Correct tire inflation pressure in spare tire (Only C-Class, E-Class, S-Class, CLK and CL)[/ul] Additional work to be performed together with the respective service

At approximately every 60,000 miles or 5 years
[ul][*]Replace Fuel filter [*]Replace activated charcoal filter [/ul] Only for: C-Class, E-Class, S-Class and CL Every 2 years [ul][*]Replace brake fluid [/ul] Every 3 years [ul][*]Replace coolant (water/ anticorrosion/ antifreeze mixture)
Replace Spark Plugs Engine
[*] At approximately every 60,000 miles or 5 years
Only for: S600 & CL600
[*] At approximately every 100,000 miles or 5 years
[/ul] Only for:
C230, C240, CLK430, SLK320, S500, SLK230, C320, CLK55 AMG
SLK32 AMG, S55 AMG, C32 AMG, E420, SL500 (R230), SL55 AMG (R230)
CLK320, E55 AMG, CL500, E320, S430

Transmission service
[ul][*][color="#000080"][font="verdana"][size="2"]Vehicles from 1998 and on, no longer ha