Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

Probs with Driver seat moving while in Traffic!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 12:14 AM
Question Probs with Driver seat moving while in Traffic!

Hi I have MB amg 55 clk 2005 convertible. I was waiting at a traffic light and suddenly my car seat started to go backwards!! It frightened the hell out of me because i am a small female and I wasn't reaching the pedals or the steering wheel. I panicked and almost lost control as cars started to move. I am not sure what steps I took but somehow I got the seat back to it's normal place and drove in to a parking lot. The only thing different than usual was the fact that I left my purse with the keys in the trunk. The car shouldn't have started (I'm not sure if that is supposed to happen. ). Anyway , to make the story short. Now I am totally paranoid about driving the car specially I can imagine the disaster If I am driving 70 miles an hour on the fwy and the car seat start going backwards!! So my Q to you is : Did this happen because the keys were in the trunk or if not what else could cuase this. Thanks in advance Ellie

Old 07-25-2019, 02:30 PM

Hi Ellie - welcome to the forum! I don't think that the purse in the trunk would have caused this. I'm guessing that you do not insert the key to start the car and that it's a 'keyless start' ? You may have an issue with the actual seat rail, but I haven't really heard of this happening. Perhaps there is a short in the seat adjustment? If you have an indy shop or place that you take your car, maybe give them a call and see if they're able to give you some ideas. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be happy to assist.