Mercedes Benz Forum Help & Suggestion Center Have a suggestion to better Mercedes Forum? Need help with a feature on Mercedes Forum? Post here.

Help! My car is running like it has Bad Gas and Sometimes it just Stops

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2024, 09:04 AM
Default Help! My car is running like it has Bad Gas and Sometimes it just Stops

I POSTED THIS 8/16/24 & didn’t get any responses so I’m Reposting it here.
Let me start by saying I have a 2001 C40 one owner & that’s me 116,000 miles and you guys my car is crazy, I love it but it’s crazy-every now and then something goes wrong with it, various things it acts up for awhile and then out of nowhere the problem will just go away-But this new thing now concerns me. Sometimes When I start the car & press on the gas, it sounds like it has bad gas & it runs like it’s not getting any power. I cut it off & cut it back on and if the gas hand goes all the way past full(even tho it’s at 1/4 tank) The car will run fine & there’s no problem. But sometimes I’ll drive it & it will lose power or actually shut off. It’s an automatic and the gear panel in the center has started to separate from whatever is underneath it, the glue has caused the separation and I’m wondering if that is the problem because it has alot of components under there. I know everyone’s gonna say I need a new transmission But before we go there, Does anybody have any suggestions of what else it might be? Please help?? Thank you

Ps-I want to put Rislone in for the time being but I’m unable to lower the fluid & the service center wants to charge $100 just to lower it.

PSS-Since the last post I purchased a code reader and one of the codes is P0170 Fuel Trim Bank 1 and P0015 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit 1-Could THAT Be the problem and Not the Transmission?