Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

Thinking about purchasing a used C32

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Default Thinking about purchasing a used C32

Hello Guys,

I'm a complete MB newbie. I know very little about MB's, but yesterday I stopped by a dealer to look at the new C55 and a Black full loaded C32 AMG caught my eye. It was absolutly beautiful. The best thing was that it was in my price range and it had low mileage. This is a seriously big upgrade for me. I will be trading in my 02 customized VW Passat 1.8t. I love this car but I want more power and a better interior.

At this point I'm just doing my homework before I jump. I want to find out if the are any know issues with this car? I'm asking this question because I found out my existing car had a bunch of issues after I purchased it. I also wanted to find out if there are any model years I should stay away from?

Thanks

RBMBC32

Old 09-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Default RE: Thinking about purchasing a used C32

I just purchased on and love it. It's so fast! Although I would buy a certifed one from the dealership if you can, that is if you are buying used. Also, make sure you get a warranty. Not that things go wrong, but if something does, it cost an arm and a leg. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the response AC32AMG!![sm=groupwave.gif]

What color did you get? I'm debating black or silver.

RBMBC32

Old 09-09-2005, 01:30 AM

Hi RBMBC32,

Welcome to the forum. You've found the right place for help with your Mercedes (when you do end up getting it).

About the color:

I absolutely love the way a black benz looks, but I've had black cars in the past which were next to impossible to keep clean. Every little speck seemed to stand out. Also if you live in a warm climate they tend to get smoking hot inside very quickly when parked outside.

Whereas the Silver.... Remains much cooler, and you hardly even notice when it's dirty. Also the silver looks sweet when you put some dark tint on the windows.

So..... If you really really really like cleaning cars... go for the black ..... if you're like me and much prefer to drive them ... go for the Silver.

Good Luck with your decision.
Cheers

Old 09-11-2005, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: SL600_Cruzin

Hi RBMBC32,

Welcome to the forum. You've found the right place for help with your Mercedes (when you do end up getting it).

About the color:

I absolutely love the way a black benz looks, but I've had black cars in the past which were next to impossible to keep clean. Every little speck seemed to stand out. Also if you live in a warm climate they tend to get smoking hot inside very quickly when parked outside.

Whereas the Silver.... Remains much cooler, and you hardly even notice when it's dirty. Also the silver looks sweet when you put some dark tint on the windows.

So..... If you really really really like cleaning cars... go for the black ..... if you're like me and much prefer to drive them ... go for the Silver.

Good Luck with your decision.
Cheers
I agree. My last car was black and my current car is silver. Black is a pain in the a** to keep clean. After you get the C32 get the renntech ECU and pulley and you're set! Have fun!

Old 09-19-2005, 08:42 PM

Thanks Again Guys!!! I ended up purchasing a 2004 Pewter C32 this past weekend. It only had 8K miles on it. Let the MOD's begin!!