Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

Question about the E63 AMG

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 09:53 PM
Default Question about the E63 AMG

Hey Benz guys! I'm new here and am extremely impressed with all Mercedes Benz AMG vehicles that come out of Affalterbach. I'm not here to offend anyone but I ran an E63 AMG Sunday night and came out victorious all three times by a decent margin, granted it was an extremely fast car. I talked to the owner at Outback Steakhouse afterwards and he told me that he only had 400 bhp during his break-in period and after this so-called break-in period he would have the full 507 bhp. Now I have heard of this for the new BMW M5, but I have never heard of such for any AMG model vehicle. Was this comment true from the owner or was he just blowing smoke up my *SS? His car definitely was faster that a 400 bhp sedan, so that's why I didn't believe him. Please, any and all, chime in here and give me the facts about this comment. Again, I'm not trying to offend anyone, as I'm seriously impressed with these vehicles and greatly respect their performance. I just really want to know if this 400 bhp comment was true or not until his break-in was up. Thanks in advance.

Corey

Old 09-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Default RE: Question about the E63 AMG

I didn't think there were any E63's in the country yet. Maybe it was a counterfeit ?

Old 09-13-2006, 06:39 AM

the 63 is proving not to be what amg promised and definitely does not have the full 507hp. from what is being said there is no break-in detune...it's simply missing hp.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:39 AM

I heard the same thing about a Jeep SRT. It would not allow full throttle until 2k are driven. Sucks.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:24 AM

Hold the phone! How true is this? I just bought an 07' E63 AMG myself ~ the car slams your head back during accelleration now, but if the HP is governed until 2,000 miles then I'm anxious to get there to see how THAT feels!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 05:31 PM

I've only seen it on the Jeep so far when it lost to an eclipse but I think it varies between companies. Anyway how does the E63 Drive? That compared to an S63? Are the wheel mounted shift buttons good?

Old 10-02-2006, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Dr_Joe

I didn't think there were any E63's in the country yet. Maybe it was a counterfeit ?

You're smoking crack. Yeah, maybe it was a VW bug with an E63 body kit? You're a funny, funny man/boy.

ORIGINAL: chiromikey

the 63 is proving not to be what amg promised and definitely does not have the full 507hp. from what is being said there is no break-in detune...it's simply missing hp.
Where are you getting your information from? The E63's hp is a highly publicized number from Mercedes ~ it's a HUGH selling point for this car (especially because it tops the M5's hp #'s). If this were at all close to being true, Mercedes would have some pretty hefty lawsuits filed against them... so unless you have reliable proof on this, I'd be careful stating mis-information like this on a public board; Mercedes could sue you for a libel.

Old 10-03-2006, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: velocity101

ORIGINAL: Dr_Joe

You're smoking crack. Yeah, maybe it was a VW bug with an E63 body kit? You're a funny, funny man/boy.

Where are you getting your information from? The E63's hp is a highly publicized number from Mercedes ~ it's a HUGH selling point for this car (especially because it tops the M5's hp #'s). If this were at all close to being true, Mercedes would have some pretty hefty lawsuits filed against them... so unless you have reliable proof on this, I'd be careful stating mis-information like this on a public board; Mercedes could sue you for a libel.

i won't ask what you've been smoking.

so can i sue you for libal since you're publicly claiming i'm "stating mis-information" and you don't have any proof? look around, so far real world dyno's and 1/4 mile runs have proven that the e63's are missing hp and that they're slower than mb's claims. i'm not the one stating this, i'm just relaying information that e63 owners have made public on other forums.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:38 AM

so can i sue you for libal since you're publicly claiming i'm "stating mis-information" and you don't have any proof?

No. You can't.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

There have been E63 in the US since at least 9/1 cause there was one at the dealer and i am in butt f*ck nowhere.

Quick Reply: Question about the E63 AMG