Mercedes AMG Class All AMG Models.

Climate controlled seats not cool?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Default Climate controlled seats not cool?

I don't feel like either of my front seats are cold or even cool when the air conditioned botton is activated at any of the three levels? Is there a fuse or something I can check myself without going to the dealer? I have an 03 S55. Thanks

Old 09-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Climate controlled seats not cool?

it's just a blower.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM

I guess the best way to fix that is at the dealership? Thanks

Old 09-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

no. nothing is wrong with it.

it only blows ambient temperature and no direct air duct from airconditiong system.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:25 PM

I know it has nothing to do with the ac system. The seats don't get cool at all when they are turned on at any level. So I guess that means the blower isn't working. I have AC seats in my other car and they definatly get cool. But in this car you feel no differnce in tempature when they are activated from the door control.

Old 09-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

okay, then it's worth a look to see if they blower is working or not.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:20 AM

Newbie,

I saw this post from you concerning your front seats not cooling. I have the same problem and am trying to figure out what the deal is. Did you ever get yours working?

I'll appreciate any help. Thank you.

JScott

Old 08-21-2006, 09:19 AM

It's funny you ask. The dealership told me my seats are working fine. I can still barely feel anything that resembles air, coolness, or anything else you would expect from climate controled seats. The heated seats work great. My wife used to have a Ford Expedition that would freeze your butt off when you cranked up the AC seats. I just decided to quit worrying about it. I hope to get something new soon anyway.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:09 PM

I have an 03 S55 AMG that has the SAME issue. I also have a 745 LI that blows COLD air - and this S55 blows nothing. I went to the dealership and they used some handheld device that measured the temp of each seat - driver's side AC activated and the passenger one off. They said that the driver's side seat was 4 degrees Farenheit cooler than the passenger. The driver's side was set on full blast, all 3 lights. Passenger off. They said that it was working according to standard.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:51 PM

Thanks for the info. Just another Mercedes quirk I suppose. One of the reasons I got the specific S500 I have is because it has ventilated seats. I definitely had something a bit better in mind. Hopefully, they went back to the drawing board and made some improvements.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Climate controlled seats not cool?