Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Talk about it here.

Leather or Vinyl Seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Leather or Vinyl Seats

before they used to call it orthopedic backrest, but later changed it to multi-contour backrest. they must have realised that clinical term "orthopedic" deals with broken bones and other gore things

that's right, these new seat even got 4 small fan underneath which you can adjust the speed 3 way. this one i don't understand the purpose...?

Old 04-20-2004, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: sleepwalker
that's right, these new seat even got 4 small fan underneath which you can adjust the speed 3 way. this one i don't understand the purpose...?
You haven't met my in-laws.

Old 04-21-2004, 07:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Horsepower

Your chassis is really not very interesting
Thank goodness for that! I will sleep comfortably at night knowing you feel this way about my chassis.

Old 05-17-2004, 08:25 PM

Hi there

Right now I am replacing all leather parts in my Sl500

To be honest I found out that ONLY the seats are made from leather
and the rest of the car is all imitation leather !!

The only other parts that are from leather too are the two parts on the door on the left and on the right door (the piece with little holes in it)

Also the steering wheel might be made of leather.

The back of the chair is "fake" Also the part that covers the softtop is fake too !!

In case anyone of you wants to change his "old" type chairs into new type just let me know !! I know how to do it !!

Regards from Holland

Hans

Old 05-17-2004, 11:38 PM

Besides my whining I do have a real complaint about my seats. They have little to no side bolstering. If I ever take a hard right turn and the driver's door opens, I'll be outta there on a tangent.

And don't go telling me that wearing seat belts will solve this problem. The only difference would be my arms and legs would be hanging out of my car instead of me rolling into a ditch without my car.

Old 10-08-2004, 05:59 PM

Hello,

Just a suggestion on how to maintain leather seats on an MB, cause they usually come with dye colors, , wipe with warm water, make sure your terry cloth is just wet enough to wipe on the leather, move only on one direction and after all of this, apply canolly hide care, its a cream , so far its been the best in the market, I have literally tried all brands and make and the only one that shows real result was canolly, the canolly plant shut down 2002, but there are still a lot of jars out there for sale.

will Defintely make your car leather seat softer and smells really good after a day or two of applying.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:36 AM

See Lugnut .. after a little canolly cream your chassis will smell like new ..... at least for a day or two .... LOL

Old 06-11-2005, 10:59 PM
pbk

Hey Lugnut, did you ever find anything to soften your seats? I ask because I have stiff leather also on my 86 300SL.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:06 PM

I never looked for anything. The seat leather feels stiff to the touch, but not when I sit on it.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:18 AM

I just got a 2002 E320 wagon. I have a very difficult time telling how much of the seat is leather and what should be treated. Is just the center sections (perforated with tiny holes) leather or is the entire seating surface leather? Also, is the 3rd row seat leather? It looks very similar to the rest of the seats.

Thanks for any guidance !

Quick Reply: Leather or Vinyl Seats