Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Talk about it here.

Interior "Aroma"

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 03:49 AM
Default RE: Interior "Aroma"

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew

I really hate the french fry smells.
Wow that will change once you get some In-N-Out in that car of yours!!! Thooooose are the best smelling fries out there, hands down

Old 03-04-2006, 09:52 AM

Man, I messed up my latte this morning. I put buttermilk instead of Half 'n' Half in my cup and nuked it in the microwave. I couldn't figure why it was separating and turning into cottage cheese. Tried it again. Same thing. Then I noticed it was buttermilk. Crap. Now I have to go get some more buttermilk or no chicken-fried chicken for dinner tonight.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

you... microwave your coffee? [sm=smiley5.gif]

Old 03-04-2006, 10:27 AM

I don't like cold lattes. I don't use my espresso/latte machine anymore. Too much trouble for just one cup.

I microwave water and make espresso in a French press. I microwave Half 'n' Half from the fridge and run a frother in it. Mix them together, add a syrup for flavor, then squirt whipped cream on top.

I make fresh regular coffee one cup at a time using a Melitta drip basket with paper filters. The basket fits on top of the cup and holds the grounds. Then I microwave some water and pour it over the grounds. It works exactly the same as a drip coffee maker, but one cup at a time. I used to make a whole pot every morning and drink almost all of it, but I don't drink that much coffee anymore.

Old 03-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

We're back to the coffee thread again.

FRESH French Fry's are fine. It's the left over smell as if I left the waste bag in the car over night I decry.

The worst are Jack in the Box Fry's for odor. Wonder what kind of grease they use?

If someone could make my car smell like new leather all the time, I would be very happy!

Old 03-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BikerDrew

If someone could make my car smell like new leather all the time, I would be very happy!
I'll agree with that.

The truely perfect small would be the smell of the Ocean. To bad they cant bottle that.

Old 03-04-2006, 03:51 PM

Seafood. We already touched on that. Yuk.

Leather conditioner (Z10) from Zaino Bros smells like leather. I use it.

Old 03-05-2006, 04:21 AM

ORIGINAL: mbz300sdl

The truely perfect small would be the smell of the Ocean. To bad they cant bottle that.
reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with Cramer and CK in the cologne that smells like you just came from the beach .......hahah- "THE BEACH!!!!"

Old 03-05-2006, 10:45 AM

I may put one of those green Christmas tree air fresheners in my coffee pot. That way my coffee will have the scent of a pine forest.

Old 03-11-2006, 07:01 PM

Your problem of odors usually emits from two sources. I've had to combat in several of the 16 MB cars I've refurbished. One source is the natural oxidation of the sound deadening foam on the floor pans. The other is the marsh grass stuffing under the seats.
When I have them out whether a problem or not, I spray the undersides with alcohol.
That kills the bacteria which has usually taken years to get up a stinch.
Borax, if you can find it is gret to remove odors, brushed in dry and left in place for 72 hours or longer. The rubber on the carpet backs have to be sealed to lock in that smell.
I use a drying type aerosol Paintable Rubberized Undercoater. Make damn sure it is not an asphalt base one-test it on a piece of cardboard and let it harden. If any traces come off on a white rag when dry-don't use. SEM leather and Vinyl spray at the auto paint jobber also
comes in a gloss clear. The clear will also encase and trap the odors.
The Steak Idea sounds good, but may require USDA Prime Rib if your silly enough to use an
MB dealership to do the cooking. Me, I'm a poor southern boy and these six cars now keep
me on a slim diet of cornbread and chicken. I tried waving the bones at the moon and did
just like the old cajun said but when these cars are older ones, Voodoo don't work!

Quick Reply: Interior "Aroma"