General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Where are some resonably priced parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:49 PM
Default Where are some resonably priced parts

I am enjoying these posts, great information. I am disabled due to a work injury but I can still tinker when I feel alright. I went to one of those impound Saturday auctions, alot of very neglected autos. Not much worth towing home, then I spotted a MB emblem in the corner lot, walked over to take a look and to my surprise there sat a beutiful 2 door coupe blue needing some work. I asked some questions and found that it belonged to one of the yard owners. He stated it ran but needed some minor work. I asked if it was going to be auctioned?, it's for sale he said!, how much was the question I was affraid of asking since by now my interest in this car had really peaked. Mind you this car sold for somewhere between 54 and 57K in 1982. I didn't know squat about these cars and was expecting to walk away from this nice looking car wishing it was mine. The owner said he had just bought a new MB convertible so he would sell it for twothousand cash, I spun around and made a dash for the bank and promptly returnedalmost begging him to take the money hoping this wasn't a joke. I purchased that 1982 380 SEC for twothousand dallors, fixed a flat jumped the battery turned the engine over, it started and I drove her home and she is safe and sound awaiting my restoration. I played with the controls to see what was working and what wasn't. To my surprize I only need a couple window switches and a rebuilt fuel bistributor, some body opened this one up and lost the pressure compensation valve so it looks like I'll need either a rebuild or used to get her running right. The front bumper cover is pretty much destroyed too so if anyone knows where to get these type of items resonably priced if possible so I can have her running by spring I would much appreciate your help.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:30 AM
Default RE: Where are some resonably priced parts

I've delt with both of these places and they seem to be pretty good.

http://www.stocktonauto.com/

http://www.silverstarrecycling.net/

Hope this helps

Old 09-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Default RE: Where are some resonably priced parts

Thank you, I found a fuel distributor at 1-800 783-4911 $300. + $35 shipping. The bumper cover is going to be the tough one.Thanx again, it's just starting to get cold for winter.