General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

Transmission Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Default Transmission Problems

I have a 2006 C230 Sport. I posted a while back about my transmissions problems. When the car had 600 miles on it I started having problems with it shifting right. The car would not shift out of 1st or 2nd gear. Dealer said this was caused by the factory not putting enough tranmission fluid in the car. The car has been running fine until now. The car now has about 2,600 miles. Tonight while driving home it did the same thing again. I had just got off the freeway and stopped at a stoplight. When I went to accelerate again the car would not shift gears. I pulled into a parking lot, turned the car off and restarted it. I got back on the road and drove it home. I couldn't get it over 35 mph. I am taking the car to the dealer Monday morning. If this is another problem with there not being enough transmission fluid in the car. I haven't noticed the car leaking transmission fluid. Now my question. If the car was leaking transmission fluid, could it be leaking somewhere inside the car where it would be noticed on the ground?

Old 11-27-2005, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Transmission Problems

on the ground.

it's under warranty so don't worry too much.

it's not lack of oil problem this time... it's something else.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:16 PM

Thanks for all your help. The dealer has had my car now since Monday and I have a loaner car. They are trying to get Mercedes to agree to put a new transmission in the car. I am so disappointed that this has happened, but I am hopeful that Mercedes will replace the motor and make everything work properly. The loaner is a C240. My car (a C230) has never driven as good as the C240.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:00 PM

It's now been a week without my car. They are just replacing the valve body in the car unless they find damage then hopefully the whole transmission will go. I still have a loaner. The loaner is nice because I don't have to worry about it getting dirty. I keep my car super clean and with a loaner I don't care. This is the dealers 2nd time trying to fix the problem. They get 2 more chances. I have to share the stupid moment I had with the loaner the other night. I went to dinner and shopping with my mother. We went to get back in the car after shopping and the key fob wouldn't unlock the doors. I tried a couple of times and then tried the valet part of the key. It still wouldn't unlock the door. I was starting to freak out a little. A guy pulled in next to us and was trying to help us. He didn't have any more luck than I did. I was on the phone with my husband trying to get the number to roadside assistance. We walk back up next to the store because it was so cold outside. I bend down to get a pen out of my purse and happen to think that it was my key chain on the key I was using. I was using my key to try to unlock the loaner car. I felt so stupid. I didn't want to tell my husband how we got the door open.

Old 12-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Super Moderator

the loaner car is the real "all terrain vehicle". just drive it anywhere you want.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:19 AM

While you're driving the loaner down the highway, pull the cigar lighter out and throw it out the window. That always makes me feel better when I have a rental.

Old 12-06-2005, 02:39 PM

It seem the disgruntled owner before me in the loaner took care of that and the magazine to the cd changer.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:23 PM

I got my car back Wednesday. It has been driving okay. I noticed today that there was transmission fluid leaking out of the car now. This is the worst car I have ever owned. Even my old buick with 140,000 miles had less problems than this car. You would like a car company like Mercedes would actually have real mechanics at their dealerships that could fix the problems and not just patch it until something else happens. They don't know how to fix anything unless a computer tell them how. I am tired of having to worry about a brand new car.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

You would like a car company like Mercedes would actually have real mechanics at their dealerships that could fix the problems and not just patch it until something else happens
that is true.

they should at least road test the car and re-check for leaks.

bring it back to them.