General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

transmatic

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Default transmatic

Has anybody heard of "Transmatic" automatic transmission additive, to rectify slippage and smooth out gear changes. Saw it on the net and was wondering if this stuff actually does anything.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: transmatic

that will be a funny new product.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:42 PM
pbk

Lucas products are popular in this neck of the woods.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:49 PM

Be careful with any of those additives. Most are just brake fluid and they cause everything to swell up and for awhile everything is smooth but then it causes even more expense. I'd try a fluid and filter change first. i have had much success in doing that.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:32 AM

Thanking you for your responses, ill keep you updated after changing the filter etc.

Old 06-16-2005, 07:19 PM

its best not to use any...whats your trans doing ..?

Old 06-17-2005, 07:58 AM

Hi guys,
When the car is cold for about 20-30 minutes the car runs perfect, gear changes are good, after that it starts slipping, and i have to rev harder for it to get into gear. Even from standstill it sometimes struggles to take for. this problem started from having water in the oil, have flushed the transmission 4 times and the ATF still goes pink. Open to any suggestions, ive changed the filter also.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: paintarola

Hi guys,
When the car is cold for about 20-30 minutes the car runs perfect, gear changes are good, after that it starts slipping, and i have to rev harder for it to get into gear. Even from standstill it sometimes struggles to take for. this problem started from having water in the oil, have flushed the transmission 4 times and the ATF still goes pink. Open to any suggestions, ive changed the filter also.
ouch ...water in trans not good ...i supect that your clutches are getting soft for the water ,,,it eats up the fibre disc,,,first gear take off is applyed though the b-2 piston and band..waters not good for any trans ....have you pulled the pan ..or just drained and added new atf ....if you dont change your filter it could be sucked up..seened before with no water cars...also if you pull pan off check to see what in the pan like clutch matierl let us know!

Old 06-17-2005, 06:21 PM

Thanks for reply, pulled pan off, changed filter, let it drain overnight. Ive changed the radiator also (source of problem) very minimal amount of filings in oil. Maybe i haven"t told you this is a merc 4 speed in a porsche 928S4.

Old 06-18-2005, 12:21 AM

ORIGINAL: paintarola

Thanks for reply, pulled pan off, changed filter, let it drain overnight. Ive changed the radiator also (source of problem) very minimal amount of filings in oil. Maybe i haven"t told you this is a merc 4 speed in a porsche 928S4.
what s the trans # ...?6 bolt pan gasket