General Tech Post general Mercedes Tech questions here.

S430 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
Default S430 Problems

Hey guys if have a few problems with my 2000 S430. The first problem is that my navigation system seems to not know where it is half the time. I could calibrate it and it works fine on a short ride but on a long trip it loses its way (long trips in the same state). Also if I have it calibrated correctly and shut the car down and then try and use the nav in the morning it forgets where its at (usually puts me in another state or a lake half the time).

My other problem is with the airmatic system. Occasionally if I am driving on the highway for a length of time I will get a message stating to stop and the car is too low. I hit the air ride button and seems to not do much. I still get the same message. If I stop and go to the store orhome for awhileand come back out then its fine again. Only had one time when I came back out from the store and looked like the front end was resting on the wheels. Drove it home and the next day everything was fine again.

If anyone can guide me in the right direction on what may be wrong or what I should do about the problems please reply.

Thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Default RE: S430 Problems

Can't tell you about the navigation, but a couple days ago and 96,000 miles after buying my 2000 S 430 brand new it warned me in the dash that I was riding too low, stop the car message. I worried of course because I was 400 miles from home and no close Benz dealer. The car "laid low" all weekend. I checked fuses, all good. I finally found the relay and swapped it for one of the same number. It did not do anything right after that but the next morning I went to move it and it raised back up and has been fine since. I will have to check the old relay now to see if it was bad. It is "O" in the passenger side under hood fuse/relay block. I don't know if that was the fix or not but relays can go bad and become an "intermittent" problem. They themselves are a switch and can go bad. They can also work again even though they are weak.

Do you have the exact navigation discs that the car calls for?